Henry .22 Lever-Action Review

Discussion in '.22/rimfire' started by GatorDude, Jun 2, 2011.

1. GatorDude

GatorDude G&G Regular

2. Piper17

Piper17 Suspended

I've had 2 Henry's in .22 Magnum. One was the standard and the other is photographed here (octagonal barrel):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I prefer the .22 WMR over the .22 LR most times with a few exceptions here and there for older .22s.

I found Henry's to be functionally equivalent to the Winchester 9422s/9422Ms for a lot less money out the door. Some complain about the cast receivers of the Henry's and they are a bit sensitive to scratching so you have to be careful there. Other than that they are fine rifles and I was glad to see your post!
  3. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Great little rifles! Mine works well with everything from Aguila Colibri 'primer-only' loads on up to Aguila Super Maxximums. Shoots well with ammo that other twentytwo rifles have trouble with.
    Cast metal receivers - no problems! It's a proven technology - Marlin Model 60, High Standard and J. C. Higgins Models 29, 30, 31, and many other guns!
    Any problems, and Henry's President, Mr. Anthony Imperato, WILL make it right! They have the best customer service in the business!!
    His daddy designed the Erma/Ithaca lever rifles that are the direct ancestor to the current Henry rifles!
  4. Sarge

Sarge G&G Newbie

I bought my 10 yr old niece a Henry carbine - 16" bbl/full stock - 3 1/2 yrs ago. She has shot the hell out of it w/o a problem.
    I'm thinking about getting myself one in 22 mag.
    Sarge
  5. flyingbrkracing

flyingbrkracing G&G Newbie

Nice write up GD!
  6. GatorDude

GatorDude G&G Regular

It's exciting to have something economical to shoot that works just like the Winchester '73. I have a Rossi Puma in .45LC, but I bet I put more rounds through the Henry in one trip to the range than I have in 12 years of owning that Rossi.
  7. wily1

wily1 G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I love my Henry .22 Magnum! Bought it for myself last Christmas as a present to myself. Put a heck of a lot of shells through it with not jams, very smooth action. Lots of water and the beavers are a problem so my "go to gun" for getting rid of the pests. Up here in Manitoba we have year long open season for beavers, coyotes, wolves, and raccoons. All for a $5 trappers lic.

Attached Files: