How Communism is NOT being taught in American schools

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyrano, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

This article appalls me. It strikes me as an extension of the teaching when I was in high school that Ho Chi Minh was the rice-paddy Son of God and the Vietnamese answer to George Washington. The history departments of America's high schools need to be pulled up short on a choke chain, if this is the way they are "teaching" history!

Communism on Parade? High School Marches to Marx and Lenin

Regular readers will recall my anecdote about me, the Eagle Scout, and a female classmate, a naturalized American citizen, who had escaped from the Soviet Union one jump ahead of the KGB being sent to the vice principal's office for calling our so-called history teacher, a parlor pink and Commiephile a Communist cocksucker. That was 40 years ago. It appears that things haven't gotten any better. We need to root political correctness out of the schools and teach children the TRUTH.
  2. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Enthusiast

One of the number of reasons (apologies to those good individuals who work in the education system) that Jen and I plan to homeschool our kids.
  3. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist

When I was a Sophmore in high school, we had to read "Masters of Deceit" by J. Edgar Hoover and do a report on it. Ironicly, I see much of what he warned about happening.
  4. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

I do wonder at folks these days. In the Fremont district in Seattle, a liberal area in a very liberal city, they have a huge statue of Lenin!

I'm sure they think it's amusing or something....
  5. gunnerdave

gunnerdave G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Have you also noticed that almost no documentaries exist covering the horrors of communism compared to the plethora of same about Hitler?

Compared to Lenin, Stalin and Mao, Hitler was just an amateur.
  6. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

And yet is was a Conservative President who normalized relations with the USSR and Communist China and welcomed them to our country.
  7. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

The major difference between what Lenin, Stalin and Mao did to the Russian, Ukrainian and Chinese people was that they simply induced famines to kill off the population indiscriminately. Hitler approved the establishment of death camps like Auschwitz-Birkenau, Majdanek, and Treblinka (to name just the best-known). In all of human hustory, they are the only places where people perceived as undesirables or enemies of the state were systematically exterminated on an assembly-line basis. The Communists beyond question killed more -- and I feel you erred in omitting Pol Pot of Cambodia -- but it was not done in an industrial way, as in a slaughterhouse, with humans as the cattle.

That is why there is the morbid obsession/fascination with the Final Solution of the Jewish Question, as opposed to the genocides the Communists have committed.
  8. blaster

blaster G&G Enthusiast

what really disgusts me is the amount of people my age who lived thru the Cold War and Cuban Missile Crisis that in their feeble Liberal minds think Communism is not bad and would be a good way to Govern the USA! those fools have learned of the horrors on Commie Dictators but because they have not seen or felt it first hand. they see nothing wrong with the principle of "spreading the wealth". the old guard in Democrat party of today is made up of a lot of these dummies. combine them with the ignorant young idealists, they think that THEY know how to do it better than Stalin. usefull idiots! both parties are partially to blame for the impending doom of this once great nation but the Democrats are the worse. after Obummer's second term I fear we too will experience the horrors of famine and jack booted thugs dragging people off into the night never to be seen again. at best it will be 1775 all over again. at worse "1984" or "Soylent Green".
  9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

This is something I've seen coming for years. The left now eulogizes our former enemies, while painting our true heroes black. They are teaching that WE did bad things in history, while their saints, like all the aforementioned, were only attempting tomake a BRAVE NEW WORLD! Anyone read that book? I wouldn't last very long in THEIR idea of a proper society!
  10. gunnerdave

gunnerdave G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Pol Pot came to mind while I was writing the post, but I didn't recall the killing fields' death count.

The Soviet Gulags and "work camps" weren't a whole different than the Nazi concentration camps but the deaths didn't occur as rapidly.

The intentional starvation of the huge numbers of Urkanians alone by Stalin qualifies him as one of the worst monsters in history. At least that one managed to get bfrief mention on the History Channel during one of their Hitler shows.
  11. nathangdad

nathangdad G&G Newbie

Mmmm,

What about the school doing something to represent the terror under Stalin.
    Perhaps they could wave flags in honor of the millions killed.

12. Kentucky Fan

Kentucky Fan G&G Newbie

Read up on the KGB's ultimate plan for destroying the backbone of the US and you will see all of this is their doing.
  13. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

I agree with rooting out political correctness, but who's TRUTH shall we teach?

You will play a fiddle in Hell before you will get the gubmint to allow teaching the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and the first American Revolution in a factual, non-politically slanted manner. Especially if it is to be taught by the brain washed generation of teachers that came up through the Public School System in the last 40 years.
  14. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

And it does reach all the way up to the colleges and universities! I went to CalState Stanislaus for awhile, and I had professors who absolutely ABHORED having mein their classes. I got into it with a history prof on almost a saily basis, and darn near failed the course for telling the truth about Vietnam. He kept trying to convince me that it was ALL about money, And I kept refuting him by explaining that FRANCE owned MOST of the blame, and FRANCE got us into THAT one! It didn't help that Uncle Ho turned to the communists for aid, and it turned into one of those "necessary fights to stop" communism! Y'all remember the "Domino Effect"? Ol' LBJ used that one too much! And yes it did turn into a moneymaker, but that was later. Anyway, we need some folks who KNOW history, who can teach the TRUTH about our existence, and WHY we flourished as a nation! Then, maybe we could flourish once again!