How could I sell a gun legally?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TT28, Jan 12, 2008.

1. TT28

TT28 G&G Newbie

I own a rifle, but when I asked the local store where I had bought, they said they would pay 20% of my buying price. They said that the rifle is still 98% new.

I can go around every single local store, and sell my rifle, but I am just wondering (what I want is) if it is possible to advertise my rifle online, and sell it LEGALLY (through a dealer I guess).

If it is possible, please let me good online sources. I appreciate it. Thanks! :)
  2. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

TT28 I do not know the state laws where you live, but most (NOT ALL) states allow person to person sales of rifles. First check your local laws!

You can advertise in the paper and sell to an individual and then have a dealer do all the legal paperwork, 4473, NICS, etc... for a fee; usually $20 and I would not pay anything more than that. This way you are legaly covered.

You can also sell it online and then you MUST ship it to a dealer for transfer to the individual. The buyer will need to have HIS dealer send you a copy of thier FFL (Federal Firearms Lic.). His license can be verified through the ATF's Website if you have any concerns.

That Schuck of a dealer wouldn't get anymore of my business. They do not get that kind of mark up on their guns they buy from distributors.
  3. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    what state are you in? lets look it up.
    here in colo. i see guns at yardsales!
  4. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Enthusiast

In NYS, you can sell guns at a garage sale also. I put 4 guns in the paper for sale and got rid of all of them within a week.:09:
  5. big boomer

big boomer G&G Enthusiast

This is what I do so I know my butt is covered My dealer charges like 15.00 do do this its cheap insurance. The other thing you can do is talk a gun shop into selling it on consignment tell them what you must have out of it and anything more they sell it for is theirs. I have done this too.
    Big Boomer . (quote from spocahp anar)
    You can advertise in the paper and sell to an individual and then have a dealer do all the legal paperwork, 4473, NICS, etc... for a fee; usually $20 and I would not pay anything more than that. This way you are legaly covered.
  6. Idaho Dave

Idaho Dave G&G Regular

here in idaho I too have seen guns, bullets, reloading equipment etc at yard sales. buy them when ever possible.
  7. knightRider

knightRider G&G Newbie

i buy guns ? what ya sellin