How is the Taurus PT100?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Beer Forever, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Beer Forever

Beer Forever G&G Newbie

I fell in love with the PT100 after checking it out at the gun store. Stainless and in .40, seems like a good deal and I am always looking to expand my collection, good thing they have layway. They do want more than it is worth, 434 plus tax. (Budsguns is selling online for $334)
    http://www.pistolskytte.org/info/vapen/Taurus_PT100SS.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  2. Roy Collins

Roy Collins G&G Newbie

I have always had good luck with Taurus (Pt99af 9mm.) If they make the 100 the same way I don't think you can go wrong.
  3. raveneap

raveneap G&G Newbie

The Taurus PT100 is an excellent gun. I've had one for several years and it's never failed to perform as it should.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  4. ARMYSCOUT

ARMYSCOUT G&G Newbie

I own a PT24/7 .40.. While in the military i carried the Berreta 92f, which seems to be the same as the pt100. First of all U cant go wrong with Taurus, I have rented a pt100 from the local firing range, and it performed flawlessly! 200 round of remington fmj with ease. good choice for the price...
  5. hotjazzjoe

hotjazzjoe G&G Newbie

hi you guys..

hi you all.. my name is joe. i never posted here before so it would be my first stepping around. i was kind of wondering about how good for real is a taurus pt100, in quality, in sharpness, in easiness to use. ok guys.. i have to be sincere.. for a dude like myself, it would be the first time having one. never had a gun before.. the taurus pt 100.. would be it a good choice ? 'll appreciate if sharing some info with me.. thanks.. and by the way, you all have a prosperous 2008. :feedback:
  6. Zen900

Zen900 G&G Newbie

In a nutshell the entire large frame PT lineup in the Taurus stable are well functioning, tough and well designed. If you want to go to the range and learn shooting and burn up box after box of ammo then any PT pistol is great for that. Keep in mind that the 9mm PT 92 will cost much less to buy ammo for than the .40S&W PT100. The PTs are not designed for +p high power ammo like the high dollar Kimber, Sig or other top of the line pistols.(the manual will give you bullet recommendations)Beyond that difference the choice is purely up to your individual tastes.
  7. SCGirl

SCGirl G&G Newbie

I just bought the PT111 Millenium PRO and I love it. Easy to shoot, nice recoil, and lightweight.

Go for it I say! You can never have too many pistols!

:)
  8. micallen

micallen G&G Newbie

I've got the PT145, and so far, I love it too. I've only had a chance to shoot about 25 rounds, but soon I'll get a better chance to test it.

What's the PT111, the 9 mil?
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  9. SCGirl

SCGirl G&G Newbie

Yep, its a 9mm. I like it, just have to get used to the recoil. My Beretta has very little recoil, so I am better at center mass on the target. Being new to shooting, the recoil surprises me at times, and throws me off just slightly.

I truly love the pistol though. Wanna get more proficient with it before taking the CWP class, since that pistol will lostly be my carry pistol. Once in awhile I will use the beretta.

Looking at a Walther too though!:34:
  10. micallen

micallen G&G Newbie

Yeah, the .45 kicks like a mule. Or at least compared to what I was expecting. I'm used to shooting a .38. Speaking of which, I used the .38 to qualify for my CWP. It's a lot more accurate. You may wanna ask if you have to qualify with the gun you plan to carry.

11. SCGirl

SCGirl G&G Newbie

Thats why my husband wants me to use the 9 when I take the class, he feels that should be my carry pistol. I just think the .32 will be a lot easier to conceal.

we'll see!
  12. micallen

micallen G&G Newbie

Good luck !!