Husqvarna 1943 6.5x55

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gamehunter, Jun 17, 2009.

1. gamehunter

gamehunter G&G Enthusiast

Bought this rifle the other week and was kind of glad to rescue it from the filthy swine who had it. It arrived at my house with a absolutely filthy barrel and was sure the previous owner had never invested in cleaning equipment, So after a damn good cleaning with three doses of gunslick bore foam the stuff went dark blue within seconds of it being in there and was black by time 30 minutes was up, four hours of cleaning got it to a satisfactory level. took it to the range for a sight in on the scope then participated in a centerfire range shoot with a bunch of target shooters had some great fun. Will be getting some JB bore cleaning compound to finish getting the barrel to the standard I like to keep. Hoping to get a nice wooden stock to mount it on instead of the ugly one it has now

Attached Files:

2. roverboy

roverboy G&G Newbie

Should be a good'un. But then I like Mausers.
    Husqvarna made some good rifles. Probably will shoot
    good. 6.5x55's usually are accurate.
  3. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

It is a shame that such a rifle was neglected like that, I find it amazing amazing how rough some people can treat their guns.

Should be a great little rifle, the 6.5x55 is in my opinion one of the most underrated cartridges in existence.