Inter Ordnance M91/30 Sniper rifles

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mr Marksman, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Mr Marksman

Mr Marksman G&G Newbie

Are the Inter Ordnance M91/30 PU 's the real deal, I know they are not matching, but are the scope mounts and scope post war manufacure (steel), or are they cheap fake aluminum? I was thinking about selling my current 91/30, and buy a sniper version.
    any suggestions or comments?
    :feedback:
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

3. Mr Marksman

Mr Marksman G&G Newbie

Yeah, I am just kicking around ideas right now. But my question was, are the scope mounts from inter ordnance, steel, or aluminum?

Thanks swedesteve
  4. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Best way to find out is to call them and ask. Before you purchase make sure you understand their return policy. If it will allow you to return merchandise in it's original condition then purchase and check it out. If the mount is magnetic, then it is steel.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
  5. SwedeSteve

I agree Tex. Cal or FAX them. I love it when they say "post war production"!!!!
    Can't they just say NEW?
  6. Hawkeye sniper

Hawkeye sniper G&G Newbie

From what I see from their adds the mounts and scopes are post war manufactured. I have an ex-sniper that I would like to buy a scope and mount for but they are selling those for $189. If you get one let me know what you think.
  7. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

I would call em but bet money its not steel key word post war!!I think my ex sniper is gonna remain just that LOL
  8. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

Same with mine, marion. Only thing I might do is add a scout scope mount to it... and maybe a boltman bent bolt... and maybe a huber rollerball
    trigger. *smirk*
  9. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

JAC I would consider doing a scout as its reversible:)
  10. soonerborn

soonerborn G&G Newbie

Hey SwedeSteve,

Have you ordered optics from Kalinka before?
  11. SwedeSteve

Yes I have Sooner! They're a 1st class outfit.
  12. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

Speaking of inter-ordnance, I have found a local shop who has a 'new' IOinc M91/30, or should i say an IOinc M91/30 in new condition....whatever, anyways other than the fugly way they cut into the receiver "Inter-Ordnance", the gun is new thru and thru. Short barrel model tho, not the long barrel one. In new condition, and supposedly never issued/fired; what would you say the value range of the gun is?

I may offer them a super-low price, since they seem to know nothing about guns, and can't seem to sell it, and see if I can get it cheap. Last I checked they told me they were gonna ask $65 for it, but they wanted me to make offer, I told em i doubt they could get that for a short-barrel and I didnt wanna offer them anything cuz it would hurt their feelings :D

Reason I say they didn't know much, was because they didnt know what kind of gun it was, altho it's stamped, and they were told by someone else that it was a sniper rifle, and they believed it -.-

I bought a springfield 03, M1911, and an M1 garand from them for $50 each, sold springfield on ebay for $1k with scope, M1911 went for $675 on ebay, and M1 garand went for $750 locally. Trick is to sell the gun without bolt or firing pin, and tell in auction that a 1-day private auction will be setup for winning bidder only and the missing part will be sold for a penny. ;)

One more thing, wasn't inter-ordnance shut down a lil while back for illegal transfer of firearms? Thought there was a supreme court hearing on that.

Anyways, good luck on that scope mount, and hopefully it IS steel. :)

by the way, could someone state what PU, PE, and PEM stands for and what the difference is in them? thx.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  13. SwedeSteve

Mike- Are you talking about an ex-sniper for $65? IO had guns seized by ATF. They are past that now. Go here and click on Sniper Section to read up on sniper variations: Mosin Nagant
  14. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

The gun for $65 is a short-gun, not long rifle, and definitely not sniper. I was simply stating that they had been told, and had told me it was a sniper rifle, which told me they didnt know what they were talking about. But it is a new gun, or so says the paperwork from IO. Probably either remanned, or never issued. Does anyone know what I mean when I say short-barrel M91/30? Normally the M91/30's you see are about 4 feet long, but this one is only about 3 feet long. Shorter barrel and stock, and the 'rings' that hold the upper barrel cover on are closer together.
  15. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

16. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

It does sound like a 91/59, in which case I'd hop on it promptly. How do these people stay in business, if they don't know guns and don't know prices?
  17. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

they aren't primarily a gun business, they also do alot of "storage diving" meaning they buyout stuff from a storage place where some1 hasnt paid their bill....I don't fully agree with 1 of the places they do business with, cuz that place I know is very strict and if you're 1 day late, they lock it up, but the 3 i bought from them earlier, they had gotten from a storage bin that was full of weps, but there were only about 5 of them that weren't rusted to hell. The short-barreled 91/30, or 91/59 w/e ya'll seem to think it is, was one of the 5 that the owner had pulled out and was gonna keep, but he saw where it said 'New' on the paperwork and the IO, inc stamped receiver and told em he wanted an 'antique, not a reproduction' lol, well, this place is about 200miles NE of my location, in the town i grew up in, so i gotta wait for this weekend, but i definitely will go up and see about it.

If it is a 'mint' 91/59 or w/e, what value range is it?