InterArms Mark X

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jadek, Sep 26, 2009.

1. jadek

jadek G&G Newbie

Mornin... Picked up a nice Interarms Mark X in 300 win mag.Looking for a site that will have some info on them. Also any idea where to get or download a manual for same. Nice wood on the stock and a 4-12 Bushnell higher end scope. Thanx Stash
  2. rimfirenut

rimfirenut G&G Regular

Here is the web site for viewable manuals.[PDF] INTERARMS

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    MARK X. PRECISION. SPORTING. RIFLE. The INTERARMS mark X has been carefully de- ... The many custom features of the INTERARMS MARKX ...
    gunmanuals.net/Manuals/interarms_mkx.pdf - Similar
  3. jadek

jadek G&G Newbie

Thank you Mr. Rimfirenut Sir>>>>> Damn that was fast.....Printing as we speak Thanx again.....
  4. rimfirenut

rimfirenut G&G Regular

No problem, glad I could help. The Interarms are great guns, you will be pleased with it's performance.... Good luck...
  5. DUGABOY1

DUGABOY1 G&G Newbie

Jadek The Interarms Mark X were barreled actions imported from Belgrade, Yugoslavia, and made by a company by the name of Zavodi Crveno Zastava. The Mark Xs were shipped with no sights, or wood. Interarms stocked them here,useing poly eurothane wood finish, and added aluminum adjustable sights where iron sights were on them. They came in Mark X Alaskan chambered for 375H&H and 458 Win Mag, (This rifle some call Whitworths, but that is not the case) the Mark X sporting rifle chambered for 22-250, 243, 25-06, 270, 7X57, 7mm rem Mag, 308, 30-06, and 300 Win Mag, sold new in i972 for $225. The MarkX Viscount same specifications as the sporting rifle only plainer, and sold for $195 The Mark X Cavalier chambered for the same cartridges as the sporting rifle, but with a better stock, and a recoil pad. Sold for $330. The MarkX Mannlicher (STYLE) rifle same chamberings as the sporting but with a full length stock, and butter knife bolt handle, sold for $325.

Then Interarms also imported the Whitworth African express series rifle which was made in Mannchester England on the Zastava action, By the Whitworth rifle Co. This model sold for $450 and was only chambered for 375 H&H, and 458 Win Mag.
    This was a far more sunstantual rifle, in both quality of barrel and fit and finish. The Whitworth rifles were fitted with a 3-leaf express rear sight, ramp hooded front sight, on a 24" heavier barrel, A Classic english style stock with a recoil pad, and ebony fore-end tip, QD sling swivels the front one mounted on the barrel.

The Whitworths are easy to spot, on top od the reciever ring is an oval with the word WHITWORTH inside it. The name is stamped again on the left side of the Reciever ring in smaller letters. On the left rail of the action is stamped with the Interarms star, Alexandria, Va, INTERARMS Manchester England, and the CZ in a circle. The recoil pad also has Whitworth molded in the rubber. On the right side of the rear action ring there are two screw holes, right at the stock level, for a reciever rear sight. Just below these two screws is printed the month, and year the action was made.

The interarms stocked an finished rifles are good actions but lack the smooth surfaces of the Whitworth rifle build in Engalnd on the same action. The interarms stocked rifles are good work rifles, and command decent prices if clean. The Whitworths however are jumping in price every day. I bought four of the whitworths when they sold for $450 back in 1975, and they are now selling for one in decent shape foor around $1000, and some higher. I still have two of them both 375 H&H, one ina synthetic stock for hunting in Alaska's rainy weather, and the other in it's origenal wood for use in Africa's drier climate. I have not had one minutes of trouble with these whitworth rifles, and they have been all Over Alaska, and most of Southern Africa.

PS: when looking for scope bases they use the ones for the FN Mauser. And the actions are simply Yogoslavian made FN Mausers made on the machines baught form FN and moved to Belgrade, Yougoslavia.
    .............................Hope any of this helps
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  6. jadek

jadek G&G Newbie

Wow what the info.. Thanx Mr. Dugaboy Sir... Was looking at a Rem 798 a few weeks ago. To rich for my budget, then lo and behold I now own the father of the Remmie. Or grandfather not knowing the date of mfg. Damn the site is great..... Thanx again Stash
  7. DUGABOY1

DUGABOY1 G&G Newbie

It seems Remington finally used ther heads, and started building rifle on a CRF (CONTROL ROUND FEEDING) action with their new 798 rifle. No rifle chambered for a cartridge that could possibly be used to hunt dangerous game should ever be made on a push feed action!
    The Remington 798s are a little rough, but are a far better starting point for a well finished proper feeding dependable rifle than the mod 700 push feed. That is if it is to be used for anything that "KILLS BACK"!

Enjoy your new rifle! :beerchug:
  8. moosemike

moosemike G&G Newbie

I agree about CRF. I don't want a push feed if I'm in dangerous game country. I never understood why Roy Weatherby went with push feed on his fine rifles.
  9. DUGABOY1

DUGABOY1 G&G Newbie

Moosemike, there is only one reason any firearm manufacturer goes from CRF to push feed. They are cheaper to make Period! The only improvement is to the maker's bottom line.

WBY used to build all thier rifles on FN Mauser actions, Remington rifles were CRF, before the 700 came out, Browning, and even Winchester went that way with the post 64 Mod 70. Winchester soon found that was a mistake, followed by Ruger, they went back to the CRF actions. Only lately has Remington gone back to CRF with the Rem 798 built on a Zastava action, which is an FN Mauser clone built on FN machines baught from FN and moved to Belgrade, Yugoslavia.

Browning, Sauer, Steyr Mannlicher, Remington, SAKO, all went to the PF action about the same time, with some rediculous marketing things like RINGS OF SAFETY, or some such nonsense. The PF system is not better just cheaper, and the only thing good about push feed is it makes the company's bottom line higher, while giving the buyer an inferior product, and telling him they are giving him something better. :thumbsdown:
  10. army2008

army2008 G&G Newbie

Rear sight for a Interarms Mark X

I want to purchase a rear sight for this rifle but have been unsuccessful in my attempts to locate a retailer or a website that lists this item. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look for a sight, please let me know.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a substitute sight to fit this rifle?

Thanks
  11. Purdy

Purdy G&G Enthusiast

12. army2008

army2008 G&G Newbie

Thanks Mr. Purdy.
  13. moosemike

moosemike G&G Newbie

Agreed.
  14. andrew cochran

andrew cochran G&G Newbie

I myself have an Interarms Mark X in .300 win mag.

So I am really glad to get this info.
  15. abuyalos

abuyalos G&G Newbie

Hey, I have a .300 Win Mag as well from Interarms. Does anyone know where I can get an original Interarms wooden stock for mine? Are any of you willing to part with your stocks? It's all the rage to replace them with a synthetic these days. PM me, I'll pay cash of trade.
  16. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

My neighbor hunting buddy has the 300 Win mag to. He put a Bell & Carlson stock on his.
    It's a very nice acurate rifle. Be proud you got one...A.H
  17. abuyalos

abuyalos G&G Newbie

Arkansas Hunter, does your friend still have his original stock? Tell him I'm interested in it.
  18. vaupet

vaupet G&G Newbie

withworth in 270 win

yesterday, i bought an interarms mk X marked withworth in 270 win, used, for 350€, included bedding and freefloating
    txs for the link to the manual
  19. alphamark-1

alphamark-1 G&G Newbie

7x57 interarms

I just bought a interarms, 7x57 mannlicher in perfect condition, as new. What I can,t determine iswheather it is a mark 10 or a whitworth? left side of barrel is marked 7x57 and the normal logo on the receiver, left side. ie, alexandria va, INTERARMS, manchester england. The serial # is on left side of barrel,
    where whitworth or mark 10 would be expected to be. What have I got.
    mtngoat:pirate: