Is it legal to conceal a taser

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Constantine1911, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Constantine1911

Constantine1911 G&G Newbie

I was watching a comercial and got to thinking, is it legal to conceal a stun gun?
  2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Stun guns and TASERs are not the same thing. Like someone calling a magazine a clip.

TASER is a brand name of product and it works in a very specific and controlled way delivering timed and measured electronic pulses used to distrupt the nervous system,
    unlike a generic "stun gun" which just delivers a big shock.

Both of these items are subject to state and or local laws and ordinances concerning possession and or concealment so you would have to check with your local authorities.

TASER International strictly regulates the use and proliferation of its civilian version units. Which pulse at different rates, levels, and durations than law enforcement models and their training courses are also modified for defensive civilian uses.

All units are registered and all cartridges are also regulated by the company to the individual who purchases the unit. When ever you shoot a TASER as opposed to the drive/contact stun option several hundred small pieces of confetti will be shot out along with the darts. On these small pieces of confetti are serial numbers that are assigned to that individual cartridge. Each individual cartridge is also registered to the individual who bought it. So that if one was ever used in a crime they can trace it back to the person who bought it.

Hope this helps.
  3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

In Ohio, as long as you have had factory-sponsored training you can carry a Taser. The only place you cannot carry it into is a courthouse. It's considered less-than-lethal and does not fall under CCW constraints.
    Like TACAV said, stun guns are totally different and, in my opinion, not worth it. If you do decide to obtain a Taser, the cartridges are about $35/each so it isn't cheap. But, it is very effective.
    Good luck!
  4. AllAlaskan

AllAlaskan G&G Enthusiast

^ I have thought about getting my wife one...but I dont think she would carry it. I still might end up doing it any ways.
  5. Capt'n Mil Coll

Capt'n Mil Coll G&G Enthusiast

I carried a taser gun when I was repoing. It works great for dog attacks. I only used it on larger dogs. Smaller dogs are generally not a problem or can be repelled with pepper spray.
    If you are useing a taser against a human target please keep these facts in mind.
    You can still kill someone with a taser. Some people have heart problems or other health problems that will be agravated by an electrical charge. If you shoot someone in the left chest you can also send a charge through their heart that may kill someone.
    A taser is basicly a one shot solution. If there is more than one badguy or you miss you usually do not have time to reload a taser gun. I carried my .357 at the same time that I carried the taser.
    Tasers may not work against anyone that has leather clothes or heavy winter coats on. The probes that they fire have to at least get close to the skin to be effective.
    I will tell you I would much rather shoot someone with a taser gun than I would with the .357. Thats why I got one and carried it.

As for the stun guns. As Calvin said they are not a very good solution. You have to actually touch someone with it to stun them. That means you have to be very close to your badguy. Not a good thing to do. The only real use I have found for them is they are great to keep in your safe in case anyone tries to rob you.
  6. Constantine1911

Oh excuse me, lol:haha:
  7. BigBANGtheory

BigBANGtheory G&G Newbie

Capt'n...a stun gun in the safe is a great idea, assuming that I had something of value and a safe! :)
  8. Constantine1911

Lol, I think so too.
  9. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    a stun gun in the safe?
    so they can beat you until you open the safe and then stun gun yer sorry hide?

i dont get it......
  10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera G&G Newbie

Does this count as concealed?

A Shocking Jacket For Personal Protection - Geekologie

[​IMG][​IMG]

"The No-Contact Jacket is a wearable defensive jacket created to aid women in their struggle for protection from violence. When activated by the wearer, 80,000 volts of low amperage electric current pulses just below the surface shell of the entire jacket. This exo-electric armor prevents any person from unauthorized contact with the wearer's body...
    Pretty freaking sweet. The little blue things you see in the picture up near the lady's neck is actually arcing current."

- Coeloptera
    (More interested in what's in that jacket.)
  11. BigBANGtheory

BigBANGtheory G&G Newbie

Now that's one "hot" jacket!!
  12. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Lots of people would be more interested in what's in the jacket which is why she needs the jacket. Would like to see a test of it though and the cost.
  13. Capn Jack

Capn Jack G&G Newbie

The Rest of The Blog

"UPDATE: She liked it a lot until she wiped her nose on the sleeve. Now she's on the kitchen floor with smoke coming out of her eyes. ":eek:
  14. Taurus Fan

Taurus Fan G&G Newbie

Quick trivia bit:

Guy who invented the TASER named it that because it's an acronym for Tom A. Swift's Electric Rifle.

And yes, it's annoying when people refer to Tasers when they mean Stun Guns and vice-versa.
  15. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

In Florida it is considered a Concealed Weapon, whether a TASER or Stun Gun. If you have a CCW, you can carry it legally.

Other states have other rules...

LOVE THE JACKET!! :D

Most recent TASER's have the ability to be used as a stun gun while you have someone "on the line" by touching them with the shooting end. The really fun part is when you have the husband on the line being tased and the wife gets upset and charges you...you then touch her with the "barrel" area and ZAP HER AT THE SAME TIME YOU ARE ZAPPING HIM!!!

It does have humourous advantages :D Especially when Hubby is pleading with her to stop attacking the nice officer because every time she gets zapped HE gets it too :D Which may have very well been Why she was doing it ;)
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  16. heilung

heilung G&G Newbie

Shielding?

If you wrap yourself with aluminum foil head to toe, before dressing, would that ground out the high volts? Why doesn't the lady get shocked, does she wear really good rubber boots?
    Heilung
  17. Constantine1911

?
  18. Taurus Fan

Taurus Fan G&G Newbie

The outer layer of the jacket carries the current, the inside of the jacket is insulated.
  19. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock G&G Newbie

In Florida our license allows any legal weapon to be concealed. So in my state, yes.
  20. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Enthusiast

:haha: