JC Higgins holster??

Discussion in 'Holsters/Slings' started by blat, Oct 1, 2011.

1. blat

blat G&G Newbie

I found a holster in my dealer's junk box that will fit fairly well a couple of my guns. I got to looking at the back, and it's stamped with the JC Higgins signature, and a # 766.
    I've dabbled in guns for over 40 years and never saw a holster branded JC Higgins. I know that Sears did not make the stuff that carried their various brand names; but has anyone out there in G&G land seen holsters like this?
    It's pretty good quality. It fits my Ruger Single Six quite well, and will sorta fit my K38 Masterpiece.
  2. littlestoney406

littlestoney406 G&G Newbie

Seen several and shot some JC Higgins. My dad has two shotguns. But as far as a holster, I have not. Did they brand some handguns JC Higgins? I've only seen shotguns and rifles.
  3. blat

blat G&G Newbie

I believe they had some 22 revolvers marked that way; they were actually High Standard guns.
    JC Higgins was not some famous sportsman; he was a Sears, Roebuck executive.
  4. rando

rando G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I have a J.C.HIGGINS 9 shot 22caliber revolver. I didnt get a holster with it when I bought it. Its a Model 88 and has the name embossed into the brown plastic grips on both sides. I took pics but the grips are hard to read.

Attached Files:

5. blaster

blaster G&G Enthusiast

sears sold everything! I don't remember the holsters but I'm sure they existed. back in the day, Sears sold some pretty good stuff made by big manufactures. its probably a good quality holster.