JIMENEZ J.A. Nine HANDS ON EXPERIENCE AND REVIEW

Discussion in 'Glock' started by djbreeze, Nov 2, 2009.

1. djbreeze

djbreeze G&G Newbie

TO ALL NEW GUN OWNERS

First off I am a 21 year old African American male who has never been in any type of trouble what so ever.....I recently inquired about a cheap 9mm firearm for safety and protection....PHILADELPHIA is not the best city to live in without protection....I saw a cheap 9mm at the end of the case at a Firearm club.....I handled the gun and it had a nice heavy feel to it....I never held a gun before so I did not know what I wanted in a gun....All I knew was that it was a gun and that it shot lol......DEFINATE newbie........Anyway I purchased the J.A Nine firearm and schedule my first free lesson to learn how to use the gun. Today monday November 2nd 2009 I finally got to use the gun...The instructor showed me how to hold the gun and how to properly load the ammunition cock the gun and then load one into the chamber.....he showed me the diff type of ways to hold the firearm and after that i took my first shot.....

Now i am not one to bash cheaper brands only because i know that there are companies out there that sell budget items that perform just as well as pricier items.

WELL HERE IT GOES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IT SUCKS A**......

When it comes to a firearm DO NOT PUT YOUR LIFE in the hands of a cheap gun....... After 2 Rounds the gun jammed and After 8 Rounds the firing pin assembly malfunctioned........I THOUGHT I DID SOMETHING WRONG..... but i didnt ....I pulled the trigger on the ninth round and the gun did nothing.....i put the gun down and the instructor released the magazine and checked the gun....it was a malfunction and the firing pin broke......JUST MY LUCK

HAD TO SEND THE GUN BACK TO JIMENEZ......

LONG STORY short MOST OF THE PEOPLE on this forum are absolutely right when they try to veer you away from Cheaper less dependable brands.....

You wouldnt get liability insurance for a BUGATTI VEYRON so dont Get a Jimenez High Point or Any other Badly Reviews Firearm BECAUSE UNLike Flat Panel TV's and Other Items
    Firearms You cannot get your money back......Happy shopping and remember since I am a young African American Male this is a CHEAP Gun REVIEW from all across the board.....
  2. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Sorry for the bad luck. Anytime I get a request from someone wanting a "cheap" gun, I try to steer them towards guns like the PA-63, CZ-52, or at least a .38 revolver. You can also go for a S&W Sigma series if you've got a strong trigger finger or don't mind having a trigger job done on it.
  3. Metronome

Metronome G&G Newbie

Hmm, any self respecting gun shop would inform you on what you are looking into purchasing. Those Jiminez guns are pretty shoddy, but then I wouldn't group a Hi-Point in with them as the only thing that makes them similar is the price tag. I broke the firing pin on my Hi-Point after many years of use, and the factory was more than happy to send me a replacement free of charge.
    In my opinion, there is always a place for inexpensive guns, because everyone should have access to self defense regardless of economic situation. People living in low income environments are often targeted more frequently for violence as well as not receiving protection from the law as quickly as 'higher priority' locations (read as higher class neighborhoods).
  4. djbreeze

djbreeze G&G Newbie

All very true

I should have done my research now I am goin to just get my money together and buy either a Glock 17 9mm or a CZ 75b if i can find one.....I also saw a taurus that was supposedly rated well. Anybody got a glock 17 or a nice 9mm for sale
  5. Metronome

Metronome G&G Newbie

CZ-75 = excellent choice! Take a look at the CZ P-01, one of the most sexy guns out there :D
    Glock, S&W, CZ, H&K, FN, Springfield Armory are all good guns and I learned the hard way it is always better to save your money and invest in a quality piece of equipment.
  6. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Hey, live and learn, right? If you're on a tight budget, another excellent choice is a Hi-Power clone like a FM or my favorite, the FEG P9 series.

AA Auction 8541187 (Ended 04/03/2008, 09:00:00 PST) 9mm para, stainless, made in Argentina

GunsAmerica - FEG P9R, 9mm, Used, - FEG Pistols - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

BTW, welcome to G&G, I forgot to welcome you properly!
  7. frenchy

frenchy G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Welcome djbreeze! I am glad you had this happen where and when you did instead of a serious situation.
  8. Pothole

Pothole G&G Newbie

sorry to here ya got taken on your first,

but i love my glock, its brutally reliable and simple

for those with some free time (or no life like me) here is a cray torture test on a glock (CLICKY)
  9. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist

You may want to consider the used gun market.You can often find a good quality firearm at an affordable price.
  10. Deersniper

Deersniper G&G Newbie

Welcome to the forum djbreeze, you can't go wrong with a CZ 75 B or 101. Stick around, and you will gain the knowledge you need here to make the right choice. Jimenez is not the right gun to protect your life. Go to a range and rent a gun and try it out.

Gun control increases crime, it's a undeniable fact.
  11. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Sorry you got burned. I would go to a different shop, if I ever run a gun store, I wouldn't sell pot-metal crap guns like that. In my opinion, it doesn't say much about a store that would sell something like that to a newbie like yourself.

Sell it for 50 bucks and save up and buy a Glock or a Springfield XD, in whatever flavor suits you. Good luck.
  12. djbreeze

djbreeze G&G Newbie

Thanks to all for the replies..... Here is what I am going to do

The cheapest shop in philly has a glock 17 9mm for 556.40 out the door ..

thats the paper work and all taxes background check everything......do you think that is a good price and also I Have been looking trying to find a place that sells used guns but philadelphia has basically shut down the firearm market. For some reason in central philadelphia the walmarts and sporting goods store do not carry firearms but when you go to the suburban areas they do.. I found 9mm ammo in a walmart out in a suburban area and guns in cases like hey buy me lol.....but in philly central philly anyway firearms are somewhat hard to come by
  13. White Rook

White Rook G&G Enthusiast

Welcome to the G&G. I think it's great you took the time to sign up for a class to teach you how to properly and safely handle firearms...That is always a good thing to do if you don't have someone that has been shooting for years to take you out to the range...I hope you find a pistol that you like and I hope you stay for a while. There is a lot of knowledgeable guys here that will be glad to help or answer any of your questions...
  14. Metronome

Metronome G&G Newbie

From a California point of view, that sounds like an excellent deal! I don't think I have seen one with a price tag that low ( and we aren't even talking taxes, DOJ fees and handgun safety permit costs). For a while now, I have been in the 'buy ammo just in case' mood, even for guns I don't have (yet)!