Gun and Game Forum banner

Jinlang Columbia Knives

30K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cremley 
#1 ·
Knife Blade Hunting knife Tool Utility knife
Any of you have any of these knives ? It is a JinLang columbia Knife stamped USA Saber . Sharpest knife I own I picked up two of them for $7 each at a coin auction i went to on saturday .

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I also recently bought a Columbia Jinlang Ao2 Sheathe knife. But i can't seem to find any information on it. Any help on finding out about this knife would be much appreciated. I picked it up for $20 at a pawn shop in near perfect condition. not even a fingerprint on the blade. and very sharp.

#5 ·
They are hard to find info on . They are made for columbia's outdoor line I don't find any collectors info on the net either but I guarantee if a collector finds one he owns one they are very impressive blades . I have in the hundrend of knives but I can tell you if I pick one knife to carry on a hunt or a survival situation this is it . I am very happy I found mine . This is the same columbia that makes ski wear and heavy coats by the way .

#6 · (Edited)
Hate sending people here. But...here's one...

COLUMBIA JINLANG AO7 Sheath Knife U.S.A. Saber Mint Skn | eBay

And you're right, not much info on them other then those for sale. Nice looking knives. Can't speak as to the quality or anything else other then looks based on a picture as I've never heard or or seen or handled one. Will look forward to Romey's input???

#7 ·
Now now friends I wont critique someone elses purchase other then Cold Steels outright lies and deceptions in their advertising. I dont know a thing about that particular model.
I have used Columbia knives and 7$ seems about right. Jinlang company I beleive is Columbia original venture outside Oregon into chinese production I think.

#8 ·
JinLang sounds like a Chinese manufacturer. Y'all probably paid about the right price for them if they are Chinese. The Chinese do have a few good steels that they use but they don't have the necessary equipment or experience to properly heat treat the steels or to be able to have good quality assurance. I could be wrong about them being made in China, but if they were, then they are not worth $175. I would use it till it breaks :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.