Jmeck Scope Mount Reliability?

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by t42beal13t, Dec 13, 2010.

1. t42beal13t

t42beal13t G&G Newbie

Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum but I've used it for a while for research. I've been reading a lot of good things on here about the Jmeck scope mount but I haven't read a lot of range reports. My only concern about the mount is the thin metal warping whenever the gun heats up. Does anyone have personal experience of shooting multiple shots in one session with this mount? I'm trying to build a mid-range (200-800 yd) rifle from my 91/30 and want a scope mount that isn't going to go anywhere. Can anyone assure me that my zero won't change if I rapid fire shots from my Mosin?

It's great to be here,

Travis
  2. crazybarracuda

crazybarracuda G&G Newbie

wish i could help you with info but i dont have one yet. im waiting for jmeck to get the latest round of mounts finished up so i can order one up.
  3. t42beal13t

t42beal13t G&G Newbie

As an aside, how much do these mounts cost? I can't find a price...
  4. crazybarracuda

I believe he posts them up on ebay with a buy-it-now price of around $80 i think. he is in the process of making a website but right now he sells on ebay. none are up for sale at the moment though
  5. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

Ask Jmeck, he's on here sometimes.
  6. t42beal13t

t42beal13t G&G Newbie

I sent him an email, but I didn't know if there was any unbiased range testing.
  7. kortik

kortik Suspended

Why did you use these words - "unbiased testing"?
    Are you saying Jmeck somehow controls reviews of his products? People buy his products because these products work for them, and not because they are personally biased towards Jmeck. And in case you didn't notice, band is made out of steel, barrel is made out of steel, mount is made out of steel - does definition of coefficient of thermal expansion ring a bell for you?

Jmeck's scope mount is a highly reliable product, although,
    there is no limit what can be done to the most reliable product in the world by certain category of a very special
    customers with certain brain deficiences.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  8. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

I haven't heard nothing but good about them, from the other members who have them .The people here ain't shy ,if they don't like something, you'll for sure hear somebody popping off 'bout it. Welcome! and enjoy the site. .........Waterdog.
  9. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

See what I mean.
  10. crazybarracuda

from the info i have gathered from several different forums that the Jmeck scope mount is the most recommended scope mount that doesnt require drilling and tapping the receiver. i am at work right now but im sure a google search will give you some info from other forums
  11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Which varies if you use different steels, so that is a none operative statement. Unless Jmeck has the exact same steel used in Mosin barrels

But I have never heard one bad complaint about any of his mounts.
  12. Zaitsev

Zaitsev Suspended

I put 100 rounds through my 91/30 and the mount didnt even budge. It is well built. No screwws came loose, no warping. Good bang for your buck.
  13. t42beal13t

t42beal13t G&G Newbie

I'm not at all saying that Jmeck controls the reviews of his products, I'm just asking whether or not some people not associated with the production of the scope mounts have done any testing with them. I have nothing against Jmeck or anyone on this board.

Would you rather talk to Toyota about how great their cars are, or ask the opinion of the people who actually had to pay for the Toyota and have put some miles on it?
  14. crazybarracuda

Your concerns are justified. who would want to spend cash they worked hard for (rough economy or not) on something that was hyped but by the manufacturer. i think everyone should research our purchases before buying.

from all that i have read i dont have a doubt this will be worth buying
  15. t42beal13t

t42beal13t G&G Newbie

Thanks for everyone's great responses.

If there are any dissenters I'm still all ears. But it seems as if there won't be.
  16. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

My Natasha has a jmeck on her and shoots to minute of angle at 100 yards. I've put as many as 25 rounds through her in 10 minutes and a fun shoot and not had the mount move a bit. That good enough for you?
  17. No Man

No Man G&G Regular

My neighbor planted an IED in my driveway and I hit it with a jmeck scope mounted Mosin in my Jeep. I was able to leap from the crater with the Mosin in hand and put five in his head at 80 yards that you could cover with a quarter. How about that?
  18. roggom

roggom G&G Enthusiast

Oh someone has been playing a little too much CoD :) Really 5 to the dome you have mad skills.

As for the Jmeck... I liked it so much I put it on my .... wait for it.... Mauser
  19. jmeck

jmeck Scope mount mfgr. Forum Contributor

Thanks for the endorsements guys, your checks are in the mail...LOL :silly:

All kidding aside I don't mind some sceptism when it comes to my mounts as it is a very unconventional design as far as scope mounts go. None the less it works quite well and you don't have to drill and tap your rifle. Like many others I first bought one of the inexpencive cast aluminum scout mounts, mine didn't shake loose like most do but I was 9 inches off of center and out of windage adjustment at only 50 yards! Very poor manufacturing tolerances.
    My mounts aren't for everybody, and I'm ok with that. Get what you like and lets do some shooting! :)
  20. crazybarracuda

hey man get back to working on the mounts !!!! JK cant wait to buy one and try it out so i can be a unbiased reviewer of your product!