Judge Alex

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by .22hustler, May 26, 2011.

1. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Enthusiast

I was channel-surfing this afternoon and came across "Judge Alex", just starting.He was narrating what was to happen during the show, and he made a statement, "when I was a cop, NO ONE could get or was allowed to have a CCW". He said he didn't want armed citizens near him, as one wasn't sure of what a armed citizen would do. What an idiot, and this guys a judge??? I won't be watching his show again.
  2. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

thats the elitist mentality of most cops, they believe they should be the only ones armed- well them and the criminals!
  3. shop tom

shop tom G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

To jerks like this, EVERYONE who is armed is a criminal.

tom
  4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Most "COPS" I know and have hunted and fished with (in fact all I have known and ran around with) didn't care or believed in CCW and the second.I have heard some PO,s state that they didn't like CW,s and even a couple that said no citizen needed a SD because the police would protect them and if no one had guns the world would be safer but they were usually rookies,turnkeys or just gutless wonders that carried a badge.Years ago in good ol' "DODGE CITY" it was well established that disarming the honest citizen worked in reverse and led to higher crime and shootings.This has since been well established in several cities including D.C.,Chicago,and most California cities.But please don't put "most cops" into a "gun-a-fobia" catigory that they don't deserve.Some (very few in my experience) deserve it,but not "most".
  5. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Enthusiast

Take him with a grain of salt...
    He is, afterall, a TV judge, ya know.
  6. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Enthusiast

But a former cop, and a prosecuting DA.
  7. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

Most police officers I know don't want alot of people running around with CCW because they think they don't have enough training. Most sheriff's deputies I know encourage people to get their CCW permits. It's an urban vs rural thing I think. I would imagine the larger city LEOs especially would be against CCW permits due to higher crime rates in the inner city areas. I know, it's the unlicensed criminal element that is doing the crime but you all know the mentality that runs rampant in larger urban cities.
  8. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Regular

When I lived in SE Texas, we had ONE Deputy for the whole south half of the county.
    The Deputy told me that it was a comfort to him whenever he stopped a carload of dubious characters late at night and a pickup truck load of good ol' boys rolled up with their shotguns to check on him.