Keith Ratliff Found Murdered

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Chris, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member Founder

Keith Ratliff is the manager of the famous Youtube channel FPS Russian.

Early reports were saying nothing was stolen, no firearms or anything of the store...just him tied up to a chair with a gunshot. Pronounced dead at the scene by the EMS.

Keith was knowledgeable and just extremely friendly guy -

We lost a very knowledgable and pro 2nd member of our group today.
  2. Sparky680

Sparky680 G&G Newbie

My prayers to his family!!!
  3. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wow, that's bad stuff.
  4. chesterwin

chesterwin Super Moderator

I tried linking an article but the page wouldn't copy over. May he rest in peace.
  5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

I have no idea who this person was, but it is certainly not the kind of news we want to hear.
  6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

7. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Newbie

Awww crap, that sucks. Don't tell me someones gonna start whacking youtube 2nd amendment supporters. Too many coincidences going on these days. Like the honest cops will tell you. If there's nothing stolen, broken, ransacked or missing, it was a message.

Just as the director of the CIA quoted
    "When everything the American people see and hear is a lie, our mission of disinformation will be a success"
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  8. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

"Okay, now that I have my (tin foil) hat folded and placed, this is very concerning. The death of Noveske and the manager of a firearms pop culture phenom within a day of each other? Are the Obama hit squads on patrol?"

That comment echoed my thoughts.
  9. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

Everyone here knows liberals hate guns, don't own guns, have no idea as to the make and model of guns and would not even know how to operate a gun so to accuse a liberal of this is ludicrous.
    Then again, most of these conspiracy theories are ludicrous.
  10. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

This is sad.

According to Chris (sorry, haven't read the reports as of yet) He was found "just him tied up to a chair with a gunshot."

According to Wikipedia
    "Authorities are treating this incident as a homicide until further investigation is completed. Further information has yet to be released."

I would hate to see this classified as a suicide or accidental death...
  11. cjleete

cjleete G&G Enthusiast

The thot plickens.
    Maybe the russki mobsters don't like the phony russian guy in the videos?
  12. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

Surely you jest.
  13. Erickson

Erickson G&G Enthusiast

He (FPSRussia) is one of YouTube's top earners and does so making videos about firearms. He appeals to a lot of younger people far more so than an "old guy" ranting about the Second Amendment or whatever topic you want to insert. I suppose we will have to see what comes of it after authorities have had more time to investigate.

If TM would be so kind as to make me a Tin Foil hat as well I would submit that there have been those calling for the shooting of NRA members/Gun Owners and if you wanted to stop the content of his (FPSRussia) channel, stopping the guy who gets the hard to find guns is one option.
  14. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

I agree and am tired of hearing them. Lets face the facts that we tell the liberals all the time and that is that bad people do bad things..... now lets all say it together ready

BAD
    PEOPLE
    DO
    BAD
    THINGS

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of this man.
  15. Rambo

People on this forum have talked about vigilantism, shooting politicians or starting a revolution but that's all they do is talk. Talk is cheap.
  16. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member Founder

From multiple friends and business associates have said he wasn't showing any signs of being depressed...he was successful monetarily, and well liked by all who came in contact with him. In fact he was in the process of starting up a very successful youtube network channel - so he had a very large project that was being worked on. Very sad again, thoughts are with the family.
  17. Erickson

Erickson G&G Enthusiast

Agreed.
  18. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

No one here has talked about shooting anyone or starting a revolution. Many here have (and will) discuss the very real possibility of defending their freedom and constitution by force if necessary--and acting to preserve and defend our constitution as we were charged to do early in our careers (some might not have realized our oath had not an expiration date at the time but many of us do now). IF Feinstein's bill is passed (which is a distinct possibility and there are even worse provisions being floated) few will register our firearms or comply with the unconstitutional provisions--and this will technically make us felons overnight. FEW--if any--here (rightly) will register anything--and EVERYONE here knows the historical consequences of registration (and what this regime is attempting by exploiting the shootings). IF this or more unconstitutional legislation is passed many of us WILL defend ourselves, our homes, our neighborhoods, and our friends against ANY aggressor--and IF this happens the aggressor will likely come in the form of a tyrannical regime and as a domestic enemy. If FORCE is required to defend against a gun grab, so be it.

I and several people have done this for our nation on foreign shores, and will do so on domestic shores as well. Obviously you have never served anything greater than yourself and cannot possibly understand how someone would be dedicated to a cause greater than one's self (which is pretty typical of leftist liberals). Maybe if you had served your nation in wartime and peacetime and taken that duty seriously you could understand. Many of us hold our Constitution very dear, and have very strong memories of friends that were killed defending our nation. We also have strong feelings of those who came before and whom we trained to go forward such that we aren't going to let a few corrupt would-be tyrants pi$$ all over our Constitution and negate it by fiat. This is being done (and has been being done) before our very eyes--and IF a gun grab is attempted will be the final straw. We didn't ask for the fight--and have and will do everything we can possibly do to avoid it--but will not allow ourselves and our fellow citizens to be disarmed without putting up one hell of a fight in every possible way.

Most of us here have done a great deal more in the defense of our nation than you would ever understand or be capable of -- and this demanded a great deal more than just TALK.

As far as conspiracies go, FNF WAS a bona-fide (illegal) operation designed to run guns to Mexico, "discover" the guns, then push for an AWB and stronger gun control--and to some extent was successful by fiat (despite the corruption) in that there is now in place a multiple rifle reporting requirement in 4 states (which violates the equal protection under the law provision of our Constitution). The ATF did both the operation and the requirement by fiat--and the operation resulted in providing the tools by which cartels murdered HUNDREDS of mexican nationals--including more kids than in CT. So why would doing the same on OUR shores by this regime be so hard to believe--they already demonstrated their lack of regard for human life (in Libya as well) and ability to implement an illegal operation which kills civilians through FNF ?

Like it or not, major governments DO sponsor activities to knock people off and these range the spectrum from dissidents to combatants. Sometimes they are killed in a very public and nasty way to send a message (like Putin did here):

Poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So all possibilities should be looked into and it is certainly not beyond OUR present regime to "hit" people. I am not saying this is the case here.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends and I wish him well as he passes from this world into the next. I am sorry to hear of this and wish him well on his continued journey.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  19. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Sorry if my comments were misunderstood.... My condolences to the family!

I was trying to point out that "tied to a chair with a shot" could be somehow, in some way, shape or form, related to something other than a homicide as suggested in the Wikipedia website.

Again my sincerest condolences to the family!
  20. Rambo

Go to Political Topics, see thread entitled "Tyranny in action" and view post number 5. This is just one recent post. You need to open up your eyes to what's going on around you.
    As for my military service, once again you question it. The difference between you and I is I served two different times but do not feel the need to brag about it like you do and expect others to do as well. My service to my country is just that, my service. But if you must know, both my brother and I joined during the VietNam war. We did not wait to be drafted. He is buried in the Veterans section of our cemetary. After I served my 6 years, 10 years later I went back in under Reagan for another tour. Both honorable discharges, medals and citations.
    I did not win any wars, kill anybody in combat, bomb any villages and never had 114 confirmed kills as a sniper but I served my country and could give a shit if you care or not.
    You may question my patriotism on line but, rest assured, you will never do it to my face more than once!