Kristy titus is an idiot

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by longrangehunter, Jul 10, 2010.

1. longrangehunter

longrangehunter G&G Newbie

Thought i saw it all until last night. Caught the last part of "Lethal with Kristy Titus" If she wanted to look like someone who just went into an outdoor store, bought some hunting stuff and then went hunting she did that perfect.
    Bear hunting in idaho and guess what she was using, a 243 and for some reason she thought a 425 yard shot at a bear would be good. She missed so her and the two clowns with her continued on. 2nd shot at 300 yards either missed or just wounded the bear so it crawled back into its den. they then figure it is a good idea to crawl into the den to see the bear, its still alive so the bother it a bit til it decides to come out where her 3rd shot finally kills it.
    This chick does not belong hunting and second who uses a 243 for bear hunting.
  2. moosemike

moosemike G&G Newbie

I've carried a .243 for bear hunting before.
  3. longrangehunter

425 yard shot

did you shoot the bear 3 times 2 of which were 425 and 300 yard shots?
  4. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

alot of people use a .243 for black bear! most people that use one though , understand its limitations.
  5. longrangehunter

limitations

at least she was able to make the 3rd shot count from two feet away when the bear crawled out of it's den.
  6. moosemike

moosemike G&G Newbie

No, that I haven't done.
  7. AllAlaskan

AllAlaskan G&G Enthusiast

wow, thats pretty bad lol.
  8. jerry

jerry G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I didn't know who you were talking about so I looked her up. Heck, seems she is doing more hunting and fishing than I am now days. I say let her be, looks like she's livi'n the dream.

Untitled Document
  9. longrangehunter

not a chance

10. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

Who is Kristy Titus? I mean, what makes her noteworthy?
  11. BORIS

BORIS Suspended

Might be legal there, but I would be more concerned about bothering an animal while it is in its den! Not legal to mess with ANY animal in its den in most states. Might be legal there though and just my lowly opinion here. It just aint right to harass an animal in its den. Even a coyote or woodchuck, but thats just me.............
  12. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

^ I agree 100% with Boris on this one. How unsportswomen of her !!
  13. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

so who the Hell is Kristy Titus:22:
  14. K75RT

K75RT G&G Enthusiast

15. jerry

I think pretty much everyone tries to be straight up out in the field. (I know I do) that said, I wouldn't say Iv'e never seen any one stuffing a one over limit duck in the mud, shooting a deer when it's right near the fence of the other property etc. I don't condone bad behavior, but I'd say the worst sin there is not being able to control the emotions and adrenilin when the camera is on. I dunno, mabe they justifeied the dend thing because they knew it was hit and going to die? I'm not supporting that, just trying to get in someones head. Her biggest sin, using hunting footage to make a living.

To me hunting is almost a spritual experience. Iv'e nevr been concerned with bag limits, how big it is etc. I just love the out doors and respect the critters.
  16. longrangehunter

who she is

the reason i made a post about her was when i caught the last part of her hunting show where she was doing a bear hunt in idaho. she tried to take a bear with her 243 from 425yrds and missed. then she tried again with a 300yrd shot and either wounded or missed the bear again. so her and two guides went to the den where the bear crawled in and harrassed it so it would come out. she then shot the bear from 2 ft away. a blonde model that is part of the lethal team. after i saw the 3 of these clowns i won't ever buy anything they promote.
  17. OneShotTroxell

OneShotTroxell G&G Newbie

I will go with Jerry on this! I was always taught to kill an animal as humanely and cleanly as possible. Don't take a shot that you weren't confident of! Let the game go by as today was not your day. When I used to hunt I took great pride in making a quick clean kill with a single shot. If she is shooting multiple times beyond her capabilities then she is setting a bad example. She also is providing ammo for the animal rights groups! The best thing to do is to boycott her and everything she represents!
  18. jerry

Well said OneShot, I think that was the intent of what longrangehunter was conveying. I did have one or two times in my life where I was glad there was not a camera on me. Not that anything wrong was being done, just not text book stuff mabe. Example, I shot a squirell with a 12ga, probably 5 times. I know I hit it, danged thing just would not go down. Yeah, someone would have seen that and thought I was a nut job. Stuff happens I soppose.
  19. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

Yeah, really?? Never heard of her.
  20. longrangehunter

if you want to check the hunt out

If you can some how watch her hunt, it is the Kristy Titus, Idaho bear hunt. It just hit me wrong and it wasn't the only one. If I could remember what hunt it was. there were some guys on one show that were flying around in a helicopter on a ranch in texas and the guy had a ground crew working as well. basically he was firing tons of 12ga rounds at coyotes from the air and at the end he had two young coyotes and one bobcat. I hope they put a tag limit on coyotes here in NM after last year where some hunting group came in and took just about every coyote out of one area. I guess these don't understand that coyotes are helpful in keeps the balance. Then there was the indian res here that has a fence in prime elk and mule deer area if you know NM, area 34. well these guys were dropping the fence in time for a helicopter they highered to push elk onto the res then they would raise the fence again. Wow if that isn't illegal i don't know what is. I don't think there should be a fence since they charge $15000 for an elk.