Latest Scam

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rambo, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

Here is an e-mail I received. What a scam. I hope it prints in this post. It wouldn't let me copy for some reason. Be careful clicking on it because I'm not sure where it came from but it sure did not come from an American soldier.

Dear Friend,

My name is Sgt.Kendra Willis.I am an American soldier With a very desperate need for assistance,I have summed up courage to contact you. I was browsing and found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of ( $30 Million U.S Dollars )Three Million, Two Hundred United States Dollars to you, As far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my treatment here, This is no stolen money, and there are no danger involved. I am presently in U.S Military hospital recovering from injuries sustained in a suicide bomb attack.

Source of money:

Some money in various currencies was discovered in barrels at a farmhouse near one of Saddam's old palaces in Tikrit-Iraq during a rescue operation, and it was agreed that some part of this money be shared among us before informing anybody about it since we saw the money first.

Please view website for confirmation;

http://www.voanews.com/burmese/archive/2003-04/a-2003-04-20-1-1.cfm

The above figure was given to me as my share, and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a
    British contact, His office enjoy some immunity, I was able to move the money to a security company in Bangkok Thailand some years as a diplomatic baggage. They are now waiting for us to provide the name of beneficiary who they will transfer the funds to. The reason I want you to claim the funds on my behalf is that as a soldier, I cannot present a concrete evidence on how i made such a big amount of money.The moment I am sure that you are willing to assist me, I will give you the information of the security company and the security code of the baggage.I want you to tell me how much you will take from this money for the assistance you will give to me.

One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with anybody, should you have reasons to reject this offer. please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for us. I do not know how long I will remain here in the Hospital, This and other reasons I will mention later has prompted me to reach out for help, I honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately, Please contact me as soon as possible,My Ear is bad, I am currently having hearing problem, My only way of communication is by email and SMS.

Yours in Service,

Sgt Kendra Willis.
    Email: kwillis@cbthai.org
  2. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

If this was true.
    Sgt.Kendra Willis, would still be on laundry duty at Leavenworth prison.
    Soldiers, are NOT allowed to keep "found" $.
  3. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Griz, I've been getting these since the first money was found in Iraq. I simply erased them as I know what they are, and what the scumbags are trying to do. I figured everyone would be smart enough to recognize the butchered english as coming from one of those african scam rings. If they had been real, I would now be a billionaire! the dirty scumbags seem to think we are as greedy and stupid as they are, but we keep surprizing them by NOT answering their filthy emails. I wish we could do something about it, because these kinds of emails sure make our military look kinda bad, as if they would ACTUALLY do something so criminal and low!
  4. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

At least I know I'm not the only one getting these. Most have been from FBI Director Moulder.
  5. don5544

don5544 G&G Regular

It would supprise you how many dumbies there are. I know of a guy who use to own a construction company that was doing very well. I got caught up in one of these scams and just couldn't believe that he was being taken. He lost over $250,000. He lost his home and bussiness. Greed gets you every time.
  6. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist

My barrel is due to arrive Tuesday.
  7. Huey Rider

8. SD shooter

SD shooter G&G Regular

My first hobby is collecting antique tractors. I was always getting e-mails from Nigera, because they had just gotten money from the IMF. They were looking forward to doing business with me. Things most have been tough, my "newest" tractor was a 1954 35 hp tractor.
  9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I'd be VERY careful about opening that barrel! LOL! Like ol' forrest Gump said, "you never know what you'll get!!!!"
  10. mule_kicker

mule_kicker G&G Newbie

Yeah, and I have some ocean front property in Arizona1 :)
  11. mule_kicker

mule_kicker G&G Newbie

Was it a Ford? My Grand Father had one for his "truck" farm.
  12. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Enthusiast

more recently there is the "I'm in England and lost my wallet and credit cards. I've contacted the American Embassy but... send money ..." always addressed as if it was from someone who had me on their email list.

When composing emails sent by a program it is super easy to put whatever you want in the 'from sender' field.

On the other hand, if you get one of these from me, DO send money... or better yet, don't wait, just send the $$ now. Thanks.
  13. Never_Evil

Never_Evil G&G Enthusiast

Have you been on Craigslist lately? Most of those people cannot conjugate a sentence or spell properly.
  14. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Even HERE, I have some 45 people on my "Illiterate Idiots List" - the Ignore List. I used to be shocked how many Americans apparently failed basic Third Grade English. My old teacher, Mrs.McKenzie, drummed it into us.
    Ah well.......

Funny how this "Nigerian Gambit" has taken on such a life of it's own, and gets updated to the latest world events. Sad how many people apparently still fall for it.
  15. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

No Help For Poor Little Old Me????

Darn Guys!!!

I was just thinking about running a little scam like that myself. But based on the skepticism you've displayed I can see that I couldn't get my nest properly feathered here. What's a guy supposed to do to get ahead?:footinmouth:
  16. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Put your scam on Tweeter, Farcebook and other such places the young & stupid Liberals tend to congregate - you'll be rich in no time!! :cool:
  17. JetGirl

JetGirl G&G Enthusiast

Yep...I've gotten that email (in the OP), too... as well as stuff from "Director Moulder"!
  18. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 G&G Newbie

Write the soldier back and tell him your attorney will be happy to write up the proper paper work. Ask him to provide his information, where he is at, room number, phone number, transfer number, and bank information. Tell him your attorney will set up a meeting within the next three days to get the ball rolling.
  19. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Landlubber Pirate Forum Contributor

Big Dog I guess I am on your can't spell worth a s--t list LOL :smashfreakB:

:swordfight:
  20. Huey Rider

Any G&G members want to invest in my new company? I'm manufacturing screen doors for submarine hatches!