looking for good FFL in Houston

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by G23c, Mar 8, 2009.

1. G23c

G23c G&G Newbie

My FFL is retiring and I need to find a good (reasonably priced) FFL for transfers. Any suggestions?
  2. trele6

trele6 G&G Newbie

I know of one in League City, might be too far for you. $30 FFL transfer fee.
  3. GLI45

GLI45 G&G Newbie

If you are on the north side I use Shooters Station on Hwy 105 just west of Conroe. Nice indoor range and full gun store. Very good staff. Ask for Danny (the owner). I've purchased several guns from them and had them order a couple of STI pistols for me. Not sure what his transfer fee is, but I like doing business with them.
  4. bermise

bermise G&G Newbie

Tomball Pawn & Gun has great service. They are on FM 249 & 2920
  5. LarryO1970

LarryO1970 G&G Enthusiast

6. oilfield_trash

oilfield_trash G&G Newbie

I've stopped by North Texas Tripods and Feeders. It's a family business. They charge $40, but the folks were super nice and helpful.
  7. tddude

tddude G&G Newbie

Loan Star Pawn
    12889 Westheimer in Houston.

$25.00 but you have to get there before 5:30 or so. they get busy in the late afternoon and don't want to fool with it.
  8. G23c

G23c G&G Newbie

thanks, he was my guy, but now they are Bayou Pawn. I found a good guy, close to downtown, Keith Blodgett, Guns of August. :burnout:
  9. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

Pasadena Gun Center off 225 and Shaw. Its kinda run down looking but the guys inside are all top notch and don't rip you off or price gouge. $25 for FFL and a little more for NFA items
  10. AstroVic

AstroVic G&G Newbie

I've had EXTREMELY bad experiences with that place....to the point that I won't ever return...under ANY circumstances. Total jerks! (Just my opinion.)
  11. AstroVic

AstroVic G&G Newbie

These guys have always been good. I haven't really had any dealings with them in the past few years, but they have a very good reputation among the law enforcement community on the north side.
  12. medalguy

medalguy G&G Regular

If you're far northwest, try International Repo Depot, on Clark Rd., Waller.

He's way out in the country, so call first (936-372-5683) His prices are good but I'll let him quote for you as he's a friend and your price may vary from mine (not sure). Besides, when you go pick up your gun, you get to look at lots of neat military vehicles which he is restoring (his primary occupation).