Mak 91

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by amadeus77, Apr 15, 2002.

1. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

What are the specifications on MAK91? How does it differ from MAK 90 ? What is the current price for this gun?
    Thanks..
    amadeus77
  2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it has the longer barrel, like the NHM-91. It's not too common, and should be valuable. At least $400-500, maybe more. What caliber?
  3. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

I am not sure what calliber. I did not have time to look at it. I tought it was MAK 90 and the guy said no it is MAK91. I tought that maybe it is different caliber from MAK90. It did not look that pretty. The stock was dark brown color as opposed to light wood color of MAK90.
  4. KengsAKS

KengsAKS G&G Newbie

I beleive the only difference is the barrel length, i think the 91's might be around 20". As for calibler it might be a .223 not 7.62. I also believe some of them came with milled receivers, but i think they are just in 7.62 cal..
  5. J.A.

J.A. G&G Newbie

6. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

J.A. you have some nice information on you website.
    I think I might go to take another look at that MAK91.
    By the way, what does the SPORTSTER after the MAK90 mean, if anything?
    Thanks
    amadeus77
  7. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

Ok I took another look.

This MAK 91 is a 1993 import (stamped as a prefix to the serial#) in 7.62 caliber. It has a milled receiver and it looks as it has never been fired. The only thing I do not like is dark stained stock as opposed to the lighter one on MAK90.
    What is this gun worth now?
    Thanks
    amadeus77
  8. BattleRifleG3

Ball park estimate is 500, give or take. Now I wouldn't spend that much on it, but that's a fair asking price based on quality AND rarity.
  9. J.A.

J.A. G&G Newbie

There were MAK-90 rifles stamped sporter and sportster. It doesn't denote anything.
    I see MAK-91 rifles going for $400-$500 depending on condition.
  10. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

Are these rifles hard to find?
    amadeus77
  11. BattleRifleG3

I've never seen one in person, and it's been a while since I've seen one advertised. If you're interested and the price is fair, I'd say go for it.
  12. akjunkie

akjunkie G&G Newbie

Mak91

i have one. it has a milled receiver long 20 inch barrel. has chinese writing on the right rear of receiver...(very accurate rifle). receiver marked
    Mak-91...then underneath..NM-47 National Match.

basically it is a Legend with a long barrel.

it has a different receiver cut. different from the average milled Mak-90...trust me on this.

i bought a skeleton stock from ACE (www.riflestocks.com)...got a recevier block for milled mak-90. it wouldnt fit. i had to saw/file some material off. the mak-91 has a straight angle cut ont the rear of the receiver similiar to milled bulgie slr-95.

oh yeh, the hammer is a diffent metal. it is gold in color. hope this helps.

ps. my heavy barrel is straight all the way thru. it is not "recessed" behind front site post to accomodate a bipod. it is defintiely not meant to be a RPK squad weapon.