Marlin 795 Magazines

Discussion in 'Marlin' started by ssbremington, Apr 20, 2010.

?

Did this question help anybody else?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

80.0%
  1. ssbremington

ssbremington G&G Newbie

Does anybody know of any magazines for the 795 that holds more than the 10 clip that comes with the Marlin 795 that works well. I'd like a 30 clip or so.
    I can't see that Marlin makes one and the after market brands don't mention that they work with the 795 Marlin.
    Thanks SSB,
    Any help will be appreciated
  2. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

Hrm...maybe reading the Marlin Manufacturer's subforum http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/marlin/ would have quickly answered this question for ya before posting in this side of the forum ;)
    But heck, it's probably a question on many folk's minds...with the $25 Marlin 795 rebate & all...

There's a post there about the upcoming High Capacity Marlin 795 mags...which are due out around Hunting season/Xmas shopping time this year.

Currently two MFR's are working on 795 mags...so now we wait ;)

---------------------------

The National Magazine 15-round magazine is to be avoided unless you want to spend hours hand-fitting & tweaking & dremelling until you want to find a National Magazines employee and beat them with a whiffle bat until unconscious. (The thought HAS crossed my mind....) ANY 15-round Marlin Mag for the 795/70 is to be avoided, they're all National Magazine mags, it's just that not all purveyors mention that little important fact.

I have two of the National Magazine mags...I've only managed to get ONE to work so far.

The other option with the National Magazine mags is to cut off the feed lips, weld it to the bottom of a Marlin brand magazine, and tie the springs together, giving one a 25-round mag that works halfway decently. Of course, only ONE person has ever done this...and it about drove them nuts.

So we are all waiting with baited breath for the MFR's to put out a decent 795 Hi-Cap magazine...it just takes time.

------------

The question doesn't help, but the answer does :D
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  3. ssbremington

ssbremington G&G Newbie

To answer or to crack wise, that is the question.

Sorry I didn't know about that URL, HTTP or what ever I'm not a computer person.
    I did know about the rebate and answered someone's old question about a .22 around $100.00 or so. Bass Pro Shop has the 795 for $124.94 - the $25.00 rebate, final price $99.94. as I got about the same deal there in November.
    Thanks for the info on the mags.
    Now how do I remove the poll from the question or maybe the whole question since everybody except me knows the answer.
    I'm sure I can find a better way to make an A** out of myself.
    I was thinking about buying another 795 to fix up for fun. I know you are the expert on Marlins I thought you might want to be of assistance since I'm new to web sites and trying to make rifles look cool, but as you say look at URLs, and I didn't know I was posting on any side of a forum I guess that won't be happening.
    I can be as much of an a** as the Dr, in my profile picture so it's better if I don't ask anymore questions.
    Thanks for your answer it was helpful, as the question wasn't, I guess.
    QUOTE; If you ever get down by the river, drop in.
  4. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

I figured since you used his pic, you could handle a wee bit of cold humour ;)
  5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

^ Exactly !! We all kid around. Don't take it personally !!
  6. ssbremington

ssbremington G&G Newbie

No problem, I'm new to this kind of stuff.
    Your answer was good. Glad to hear the mags are comming.
    I really like what you did with that 795, and with the $99.94
    795s after rebate thought it would be fun to try.
    By the way shot O of the Box at 25 ft at 1 inch target
    dead on in the center the next 2 within 1/4 inch.
    Later,

SSB

If you get down by the river, drop in.