Mauser C96 Value

Discussion in 'Mausers' started by Gregior, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Gregior

Gregior G&G Newbie

From Tennessee but live in North Carolina
    I've really been wanting a Broomhandle but Ive only found one in my price range. Its been re blued, repro grips, and an import mark. He wants $800 for it hes been trying to sale it for a year. I have the feeling I could talk him down but I'm wondering if its even worth the effort.
  2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Depends on how much you want it and what you want it for.

If you want it for a shooter, that's a reasonable price. If you want it to fill a hole in a collection, it's a reasonable price.

If you are thinking about it in terms of an investment, that is not a good price.

I had a similar decision to make earlier this year. My local gun shop had a 1914 Imperial German Artillery Luger it took in as part of an estate settlement. No presentation box, no holster, no shoulder stock, no spare magazines, no assembly/disassembly tool; and it was a mixmaster. Just the pistol, and one non-number matching magazine. But it balances perfectly in my hand and I like the sights, so I bought it for about what you'll have to pay if you buy this Broomhandle Mauser.

Only you can decide if the pistol suits your needs and wants. I can't help you there.
  3. Gregior

Gregior G&G Newbie

From Tennessee but live in North Carolina
    I do want it for a shooter. I will have to be hard up for money to sell any guns from my collection so I dont really care about how much its worth later.
  4. ViewSync

ViewSync G&G Newbie

Don't sell a gun for another, you will regret it!