Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by grizcty, Aug 2, 2010.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

:2ar15smilie:
    Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

$1M offered for Arpaio, $1K to join cartel

Updated: Monday, 02 Aug 2010, 11:48 AM MDT
    Published : Thursday, 29 Jul 2010, 6:48 PM MDT

• [​IMG]Adapted for the Web by
      myFOXPhoenix.com Staff
    PHOENIX - He's been at the center of the discussions and controversies surrounding illegal immigration enforcement in Arizona for quite a while.
    On the day parts of Arizona's immigration law, SB 1070, went into effect, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is in the news for another reason: there's a price on his head - allegedly offered by a Mexican drug cartel.
    The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.
    "It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."
    A man who wants to remain anonymous says his wife received the text message Tuesday evening. It also included an international phone number and instructions to pass the message along.
    "She showed it to me..I was kind of disgusted..I reported it to the Sheriff's department yesterday..they said they were going to direct the threat squad on it."
    Lisa Allen of the Sheriff's office says they believe the message originated in Mexico.
    Although the Sheriff has received numerous death threats in the past, they believe this threat is credible because of its timing.
    "Arpaio gets threats pretty routinely, but obviously with this heightened awareness of his role in the immigration issue we've got to take this one a little bit more seriously with a million dollar contract out on him," said Allen.
    But she says what really concerns investigators is how quickly the message may have been spread. "It's going so many different places that our folks are looking at it and thinking well at any given point in time it could land in front of some crazy person who thinks I can do that."
    As for Arpaio's reaction to the threat, "It's a little bit like water off a duck's back for him, but you never know if it's that sense of false bravado with him..you just can't read it, I'm sure he's concerned, I'm sure he's concerned for his family more than anything else," said Allen.
    The Sheriff's office says investigators are trying to trace exactly where the text message came from, but because it did originate from an international number, that will be difficult too.

2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

This does not qualify as over-bright on the part of the druggies. Even if the Obamination sits on his hands, Jan Brewer won't if these goofballs actually try to whack Sheriff Joe. He's immensely popular in Arizona.
  3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

especialy if he gets to return fire, and nail the bastards, oh wait...but won't libs say he executed them for not having papers. what crap. me:hitwithrock:libs
  4. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

hahaha i bet hes thinking "i wish they would try"
  5. Aaronb2245

Aaronb2245 G&G Newbie

I doubt he is thinking "I wish they would try". The drug cartels in Mexican are no gang of bandits. They include highly trained former military persons, para military, hit squads etc. Read up on the cartel violence south of the border and you will quickly see these people are highly organized and a real threat to the government down there. I can guarantee you that Sheriff Joe's nerves are unsettled these with a $1 mill contract on his head allegedly issued from such an organization as a mexican drug cartel. That being said who knows if it's true or not, but it is plausible.
  6. Deersniper

Deersniper G&G Newbie

I thought it might be matter of time before they did that. What Joe needs is a fully decked out C-130, and let him bring it to them first. Obama loves drones but won't use one to take out these scumbags. the drones really scare the Cartels, and Joe scares them too, he is really hurting their business.
  7. Russ Hatch

Russ Hatch G&G Newbie

I wonder what the libs response would be if a Mexican National in this country illegally would attempt to collect the 1 million dollar bounty. Heck I wonder if they even consider it illegal to post such a bounty.
  8. Kentucky Fan

Kentucky Fan G&G Newbie

If i were president I'd send a couple of marine expeditionary forces to hit the shores, and have all the airborne forces (Rangers, and special forces) jump in then line up A intantry division on the border. Use the rangers and marines to kill all of the cartels and if the Mexican government tried to intervene send in the infantry and tanks. That would end all of these problems real quick.
  9. pajaro

pajaro G&G Newbie

i hope there is a follow up on this, i would like a little more info.... if it turns out to be a credible threat.... keep in mind that a million dollars is a very powerful incentive.... i hope he takes appropriate security measures....

i know i would feel a little more than just a tad uncomfortable if there were a million bucks offered for my head....
  10. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

That is a EASY answer.

They would simply PAY the bounty.
    Bury there head in the sand, and hope it goes away.
    When it does not.
    They will agree, to pay ANY amount!
    And continue to make it look like. it is the Sheriffs fault.
    Like they are presently doing!
  11. AndrewA74

AndrewA74 G&G Regular

THIS IS DOMESTIC TERRORISM! WHY CAN'T WE SEE THAT AND DEAL WITH IT??!! IF YOU DO A MILITARY COURSE OF ACTION AND DECLARE A STATE OF EMERGENCY, ORDER EVACUATIONS, ETC. AND JUST WIPE THE STREETS CLEAN!

I'm sorry but this upsets me very much. Palin was right, Obama ain't got any nuts. You're right about them being former military, some even go AWOL from the Mexican Military to join the cartels or are ordered by thier commanders into the cartels. But nope, our politicians are spine-less scumbags who aint got a clue how to handle a threat like this.

:mad:
  12. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

true true, but my brazen statement comes from the fact that these cartels manage to operate freely in mexico because of their ruthless and coldblooded nature. i dont see them existing in america in such a manner, if the chickens come to roost they would be hunted down like the dogs they are and shot, or they would flee to their haven that is mexico

i have faith in america, still wavering, but it is faith that we can at least defend ourselves from bastards like that
  13. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

Hell a couple of hundred rednecks with squrriel rifels held off the Mexican army for 13 days, give me 1000 pissed off rednecks and I'll show you bloodthirsty.
  14. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

Don't lose faith in your fellow countrymen, god & country, we are what we've alway's been.
  15. cjleete

cjleete G&G Enthusiast

1000 rednecks vs ex-soldiers with night vision gear, mortars,RPGs, machine guns, LAV's... you get the picture.
  16. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

Mexican soldiers, against an unarmed public? you get the word alota rednecks have night vision p.s were armed
  17. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

Funny , when your shooting back , and shooting well it seems to take all the starch out'a a badazz funny how that works out, Mexican army my azz.
  18. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

P.S nice looking dog on your avatar cjleete
  19. Deersniper

Deersniper G&G Newbie

Doesn't Arizona have a National Guard or State Defense Forces? I'd line them up near the borders with shoot to kill orders. They are throwing grenades at Mexican police now. Obama wants Joe dead, or he would do something. This is the most treasonous government I've ever seen.
    God bless and protect Sheriff Joe.
  20. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Let's hope that if these druggies try to operate in this country, a local military commander "falls out of communication" with headquarters and pursues them. He would not have to stop at the border. There is a recognized doctrine in international law called "hot pursuit;" you sometimes see it here when a state trooper in State A chases a speeder across the line into State B, pulls him over and tickets him. Because the pursuit was already in play when the speeder crossed the state line, the ticket is still valid even though the trooper is out of his jurisdiction.

The same principle applies to military operations. Not that I would expect the Obamination to understand that; the freak grew up during Vietnam and doubtless remembers the US Army pulling up at the border with Laos and Cambodia when the VC and the NVA fled into their sanctuaries; and also remembers the USAF not being able to bomb targets in North Vietnam because they weren't in the war zone.

But if we want to deal with these despicable swine, the way to do it is, when they cross our border and kill our people, to chase them down and take no prisoners. If they hole up in a town, tell the people they have 30 minutes to bug out; and then flatten the place so one stone is not standing on top of another. Go in, kill anyone you find alive, and if you have time make a pyramid of the heads. Then tell Calderon and his corrupt government three words: 'GO F*CK YOURSELVES."

We'd only have to do that, flatten a town and build a pile of skulls, once; perhaps twice. The Arab locals learned not to let Arab terrorists sabotage the oil pipelines after Orde Wingate and his Jewish-manned Raider Unit took to flattening the nearest village to a pipeline break before World War II. They had to smash three villages before the Arabs got the message. The drug lords need to learn that if you go after the United States, they're bush leaguers trying to play in the big leagues. Calderon and his lickspittles, and for that matter the Debating Society on the East River, need to understand one simple fact: If Mexico won't deal with the drug cartels as they deserve to be dealt with, the United States will.

Or, to put it in language the Mexicans will understand, "Frenar a sus perros, o se freno para usted."