Missouri tells the Feds to shove off

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Sportsterboy, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Sportsterboy

Sportsterboy G&G Newbie

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Whoop n Holler

Sportsterboy: Sir, more states are following suit. States are recognizing our Constitution, as Law
    Thanks for following up. When your Senate speaks :) whoop it up :)
  3. Sportsterboy

Sportsterboy G&G Newbie

Thanks....I actually live in neighboring Arkansas. Our legislature just finished up yesterday, but they could always be called back for special session.

I work in Missouri is how I know the Missouri Senator I spoke of. He is same profession as I am (not a lawyer.....).
  4. JLeòdhas

JLeòdhas G&G Regular

Good news, just need more news like this.
  5. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

That news BRIGHTENED my evening! Congrats to all the Mo. members! It looks like we will have a group of states all clustered together here, where we can visit without worrying about getting our firearms yanked out of our hands! And there's STRENGTH in numbers!
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Now if we could just get Colorado to get it's act together.......
  7. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

It's all well and good until the Feds start withholding funds as they did with states without a seatbelt law. Caving is what they are good at when money is involved.
  8. chesterwin

chesterwin Super Moderator

Some states are in much better financial condition that the Fed. If funds were withheld, would it be justification to pass State legislation for the Federal taxes to be paid into a "State/Federal" trust fund until the issue was resolved?
  9. swedesrus

swedesrus G&G Enthusiast

Yes We Can.......................
  10. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

If, heaven forbid, we do have another (not so) 'Civil War', the 'Rebel States' will be far better armed than before. Another good reason to get more firearms and ammo manufacturers to move to the Free States!
  11. gunnerdave

gunnerdave G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Amen Brother!!!
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  12. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

With so many of the leftist states getting their bases closed down for PC reasons, they've left the southern dtates MUCH stronger, and with more MILITARY GOODIES! Cali got sreipped of darn near all the bases, leaving Camp Pendleton and a couple of smaller Marine installations,and the Navy base at San Diego. Oh yeah, Travis AFB in the north. I watched about a dozen closures over the years, thinking "who's going to protect the west coast?" They didn't care, and in their frenzy to be good little commies they gutted their military economy! Now they're broke, and looking for handouts! So IF it was to get that serious, it would be with the shoe on the OTHER foot and I doubt it would come to blows this time because they wouldn't have anything left to fight us with! BUT, I wouldn't want to see that happen! They need to come to their senses and get rid of the foreigner, and then help put the USA back on her FEET!
  13. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

There's an easy fix here. The states withhold all federal taxes from resources and residents of their respective state to the federal government Most non-welfare states will come out ahead
  14. Shrpnl

Shrpnl G&G Regular Forum Contributor

An email I got...

[​IMG]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Dedicated to the sovereignty
    of Missourians.
    [/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    Second Amendment Preservation Act
    Passes the Senate Committee Vote
    4 yes to 1 no

The next step is for Sen. Tom Dempsey (pro tem of the Senate) to place it on the calendar.
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Missouri First Home[/FONT]
    April 25, 2013
    Mark,
    Thank you for filling out a witness form for the Senate hearing. Your participation is truly making a difference!
    General Laws chairman, Sen. Brian Nieves, scheduled this special hearing and expedited the process by holding an executive session on the bill at the same hearing.
    They voted to pass the bill on to the full Senate by a vote of 4 to 1 (a couple of senators were not present).
    The next step for this bill is to be placed on the Senate calendar by president pro tem of the Senate, Tom Dempsey. Sen. Dempsey was quick to assign it to the General Laws committee, so we expect him to do the same for the next step.
    Once on the calendar, it will be up to majority floor leader, Sen. Ron Richard, to bring it to the floor for debate and "perfection" by the whole senate. After that, the senate will have one more up or down vote. Sen. Richard will need to allow it enough time to overcome opposition and potential filibuster.
    The last step will be hammering out any differences between the language in the bill as it passed the House versus what the Senate passed.
    For liberty,
    - Ron
  15. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

There's a good idea here! As we have seen some states threatening to withold funds and paychecks from the good sheriff's who refuse to enforce the illegal and unConstitutional laws from FedGov, lets take that idea ourselves - WE The States withold tax monies from the FedGov til it conforms to The Law Of The Land - the US Constitution! :13:
  16. DWFan

DWFan G&G Enthusiast

17. Rambo

Rambo Your worst nightmare Forum Contributor

The Federal Govt collects income tax from the citizens. It's not colllected by the state to redistribute to the Fed. Who do you think the Feds will come after if YOU don't pay your federal income tax. Hint..it ain't H&R Block or the state.
  18. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Guess again champ. Were I governor of TX and we passes this any sourced income from the state would be exempt and excluded from Federal tax and it illegal for residents to pay without goimg through escrow in our state treasury. If withholding for Federal tax to be continued--depending on the specifics of the law--this would not go from our residents to the feds but to an escrow account in Austin. Maybe we would eliminate withholding completely and simply filter federal returms and checks through Austin. I would provide resources to prevent the IRS from taking action agaimst residents of our state to include defending TX property by force from IRS or treasury agents IAW this law. Very easy to do. Pretty business friendly as well. AND it would encourage folks to use TX banks as a safe haven.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  19. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

'34 and '68...aren't those the ones that regulate full-auto weapons, SBRs and other "big an scawy" guns?

There will be more Federal bricks dropped than in the history of Fort Knox.
  20. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

'34 "heavily regulated" full autos and '68 said that only an FFL licensed dealer can sell, send, or receive guns.........IF my memory is correct in part.