Mitchell's Mausers

Discussion in 'Mausers' started by Logansdad, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yup...been around for awhile...see them at the gunshows and Cabela's in Dundee has two of them...Excellent shape, like brand new...just ain't into them.
  3. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

i would never do business with mitchell's. they may have nice rifles , but their advertising is blatantly misleading, bordering on fraud. there is not one dang thing that is wwII era about their mauser rifles- they were made in 1948 and later, seems to me WWII ended prior to that. i hate crooked, deceptive, lying Mother F______r's. sorry about my venting and language, but i absolutely hate what those crooks have been doing for a long time.
  4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

well if you get the set, grease it up good put it in a hermetically sealed container. it might become valuble to your grand children. but if a shooter you want keep looking, do better price wise.
  5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

all advertising is blatantly misleading, bordering on fraud. really :) :rolleyes:
  6. G Hollingsworth

G Hollingsworth G&G Newbie

I promise????????????????????????
  7. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

yes, but they go much further than most.
  8. G Hollingsworth

Lefty,,,I have the add in front of me. I'm not sure what your talking about. Would you explain?.
  9. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

which ad, their website which theyve finally relented and changed. or in the gun magazines which in every one the first few words are WWII era mauser rifles. and they make sure to mention the crest on the rifle is dated 1943. plus lets just go into calling it a k98-m48 series rifle. it isnt a k98 so they should not imply that it is, its an m48 and most parts are not interchangeable. soryy to rant but their ad's have torqued me off for a long time, and the ad's are still current as of my new dillons blue press and my issue of GUNS magazine dated december 2004.
  10. Snakebite

Snakebite G&G Newbie

Those ads are terrible about the K98. They are Yugo m48's and at $299 are way overpriced. I bought my unissued M48 with everything Mitchells show in their ads for $165.
    I see they no longer advertise the stocks as being teak. I have never seen teak used on a gun stock, especially a a "wartime" mauser.
  11. G Hollingsworth

Lefty,Thanks for reminding that I didn't change my address with Dollon..Another question. Where would you find and actual 98 k for $300? You know and I understand but if I was going to build on a mauser I would buy the $199 verson. Cheep action and you can make it a classic. A Rem short action would cost $440 with trigger guard.With FFL roughly $320. Buy the mauser for $199,trigger with side safty $46.00 bolt shroud $43.00 with a FFl lot cheeper. Bottom line if there clean it's not a bad price.
  12. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

you have to shop around for a good k98. the russian captures are way overpriced, and i havent seen a shotgun news for about a year so i'm uncertain where to look for one at the moment. cdnn used to sell real yugo capture k98's, the ones marked preduzece44 on the side of the reciever for a fair price. i definately like the build it your own way approach. i have a k98 stripped down with all the pieces except barrel and wood just waiting for me to finally decide on the caliber.
  13. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

also keep in mind if you were to go with a m48 that they are a shorter action, therefore most aftermarket mauser parts wont work due to the action length. i actually dont have a problem with the m48, i kinda think it would be an excellent action to build a .308 or 7mm-08 on.
  14. G Hollingsworth

Not being a lefty but I guess we agree on somethings. The 7MM 08 is what I will convert my mod77 to when I get the time. It is currently a 284 Win that just barely hits the side of a barn. There are two barrel companys that made barrels for Ruger and Hart is not on my rifle. The barrel is warn our from trying to get it to shoot the way I want it to. My thoughts are whats the point in having a 7MM mag that shoots like a 7/57 which is not bad but not what I want. I am waiting for the 17 Rem barrel from Schillin and when thats done I will redo the mod 77
  15. majorlid

majorlid G&G Newbie

Mitchells Mausers

I recently bought a 98K from Mitchells Mausers. When it arrived, I saw that it did not have a 98K butt-stock. The really interesting part is that the serial number stamped into the non 98K butt-stock matched the numbers on the 98K barrel and the receiver! I called Mitchells and explained what the problem was and said that I wanted to return the rifle for an immediate refund. I got no argument.
  16. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

yes, mitchells is still a fraudulent company. they hope most of their buyers are uninformed.
  17. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

It's too bad the gun industry has no "Lemon Law". Mitchell's would be sued for false advertisement at the very least.

It's like taking an old junkyard Mustang, replacing the rotted body with all new repro parts, and selling it as an "Original Collectible". Matching numbers are easy - just need the stamps!

I won't voice the "F" word (and I don't meant the dirty one!) . . . . :hitwithrock:
  18. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

fraud!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

:09: Hehehehe! I knew someone would do it . . . ! :)
  20. jpwilly

jpwilly G&G Newbie

While I do whole heartedly agree Michells Ads are very misleading. I do own one that I got second hand at a gun show. My specimen is a "collector grade" but it is basically a refinished Russian Capture 98K not a Yugo that looks and shoots great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]