Model 1 Sales lost a customer today

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Paper, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

6 months ago I ordered a OCMP Match Rifle kit with a Shaw stainless barrel upgrade..

When I placed the order, I was told 14-16 weeks for delivery.. :scratchchin: I figured that'd work fine, showing up in February or early March, I'd have time to assemble, break in, and get used to the rifle. At the time of order, I asked for tracking numbers when the rifle ships.. I'd gotten them from M1S before on other orders.

Well, nothing in Feb, nothing in March, I email to find out I was looking at April for delivery. My credit card got charged, so a week later I again asked for a tracking number because of a very busy work schedule out of town every week, I could ask a friend to pick the box off my step (safe neighborhood) the day it got delivered.

Nothing, so I call.. I got some woman who said the box was in shipping but the tracking number would change as soon as the box shipped.. :bigeyes2: Now, I send stuff UPS all the time and I know the number stays with the box until delivery.. I knew I was getting yanked around.. I again asked for the UPS tracking number to be emailed to the email address that placed the original order. (It's the only one I use, and it's the same address I use right here on this website) She said she'd do that after the number was set.

Still nothing, I email again to find out when the tracking number would arrive?? I get an email that said only this. "Your package was delivered two days ago.":yikes: I quickly reply back that this meant I had a $700 box of rifle parts sitting on my front steps for TWO DAYS!!!

I had a friend stop over and grab the box on his way home, as I was sitting in Ontario, California for work..

He grabbed the box and kept it for me.. I didn't get a chance to stop and thank him and pick up the kit, so yesterday I called and asked if he'd opened the box? Of course he hadn't, so I asked for him to do so..

All that was in the box was the UPPER!! I'd spent $700 and waited 6 months for an upper, when I'd bought an entire kit..

Last night I emailed M1S and asked where the rest of my kit was??

==========================

Today, I got an email sob story about how the order got split, and that the rest of the kit would be delivered tomorrow, along with some extra items..

I called and spoke to some guy and informed him how pissed off I was, and that the can keep the rest of the kit and I'd be returning the Upper and never doing business again with Model 1 Sales!!

Oddly enough, he sounded like he'd heard this before and stopped the rest of the kit and said to return the upper for a refund. Not once did I get any sort of appology for the poor service, the smart ass remark about the box already being delivered, or the lies, or the 2 month delay..

He also said that they had sent me the tracking number more than once.. Again, a lie.. The email conversations were all held on the same address that placed the order and paid for the rifle..

========

I've been a good customer for M1S. This would have been my 4th kit and above that, I've recommended them several times, both in person and on the internet.

I never had a problem with the product, but I refuse to be lied to and I won't give my money or recommendation to anyone that has this sort of customer service.:stups:

Thanks for allowing me to vent, and if anyone bought from M1S due to my recommendation, I'm very :sad6:
  2. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Enthusiast

As I am planning on building an AR, I'm greatful for those who blow the whistle on bad service.

Thank You.
  3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Thanks for the heads up !!
  4. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

That's too bad! I hope you find another reasonably priced kit.
  5. Snowman

Snowman G&G Newbie

Thanks for the info Paper. Was looking at ordering a few things from them but now need to think twice.
  6. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Newbie

Thats some BS they tried to feed you there Paper. I would have been even more heated if they tried to fead me that line of crap. There are enough companies selling anything you could want for an AR that you should not have to put up with this type of piss poor Service. My local gunshop has racks of em' and he is just a small shop. Seems AR sales have slowed a bit and he is sitting on alot of stuff including cases of ammo.

Michael
  7. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Thanks everyone.. What really hurts is the fact that I've recommended them to others because the product has been good for me.

I recently bought a DTI 16" Mid Length a while back and was very happy with the accuracy, so I put MN front and rear sights on it, as well as a Timney trigger in the lower. I'll use this as my match rifle instead.. I shoot the DTI upper very well and I'm shooting High Power matches for fun.. If nothing else, I like having a slight disadvantage during matches, shooting a M1 Carbine in CMP matches and shooting trap with a 28 gauge.

As long as I have fun, it's all that matters.. I'll save that $700 to give to some company that actually appreciates my business.
  8. LarryO1970

LarryO1970 G&G Enthusiast

... sorry to about the problems with M1S Paper. Thanks for the heads-up with the lack of integrity and responsibility from M1S. They've never had my service and surely are not about to get it either.

Larry O
  9. blueice

blueice G&G Newbie

That is about as bad as it gets!

:AR15firing:M1S, you are fired....:biggthumpup:
  10. MLN1963

MLN1963 G&G Newbie

I feel better now. You sort of seemed miffed way back when when I said I wasn't impressed with M1S. It seems I made the right choice after all. Maybe they are still swamped and will settle down and treat people right in the future. Too bad for them they lost sales from both of us in the mean time.
  11. Snowman

Snowman G&G Newbie

Mistakes happen with any company. The way they are handled is what seperates the good from the bad.
  12. thebigitch62

thebigitch62 G&G Newbie

I ordered a .300 fireball from M1S. they told me 10-12 weeks but it took 18 weeks which pissed me off as i called them after 12 weeks and was told it should ship at 10-12 weeks I will not use them or recomend again
  13. rando

rando G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I had a Rock River Arms stripped reciever that I bought at a gun shop early in 2009. I decided to order the upper and lower parts kit in march of 2009 online from Rock River. I didn,t hear or recieve any parts for about six weeks and emailed rock river. They emailed me back several days later and said that I am on a waiting list as they are behind in production. I called them and asked them about when the ship date would be and they said they dont know.They asked if I still wanted it and I just laughed and said that I wouldn,t be calling you if I didn,t. Anyhow this went on for about 4 more months and i just was ready to tell them forget about it as I was getting pissed and Then the UPS man finally delivered it to my place of Buisiness. Anyone else have to wait like this.
  14. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Paper, I hate to hear stories involving customer service nightmares like that, especially when it is with a company like M1S who have consistently exceeded my expectations by going above and beyond what is required.

They have waived shipping charges, absorbed the taxes, supplied extras for missing parts and any number of other customer service gestures that were not necessary.

Even in the high pressure retail atmosphere of the Mesquite, Tx. gunshow they are without fail able to supply me with their undivided attention 'just like I was their only customer'.

Sorry about your experience.
  15. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Mr. Paper, I don't know what it is about you that always brings out the worst in a company...:09:

Like I said in my email....I am surprised at their behavior and can assure you I will not be ordering anything from them again. It is not like you are an unreasonable person! By giving you the brush off like they did, they will never know how many customers you have influenced to NOT buy from them. The market is way too competitive to offer up poor customer service.
  16. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Never heard of them, and sounds like it's good I didn't.
  17. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Nope, after what Paper went through I think M&I parts will get my future orders. Still have a couple of complete receivers to build out!
  18. OldMike

OldMike G&G Newbie

Thanks for the heads up. I had almost ordered from M1S a few times, but decided to go elsewhere. I had always thought they were a reputable company from things I had heard before.

I agree, it is easy to make mistakes and provide poor service when you are very busy. The important thing is how these issues are addressed and making sure that your customer is happy in the end.

I wonder how many sales Model 1 Sales will loose due to this one poorly handled transaction? It is hard to develop a good reputation, but very easy to ruin it. Hopefully they can turn things around...
  19. SilverRun

SilverRun G&G Newbie

With a company that derives significant volume from internet sales, I think this would be the kind of thing they would strive to avoid. Humm, guess the management there doesn't care. I have never had any dealings with them. Probably won't...
  20. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

You guys might want to at least visit Sherluk Marketing and Trading at Sherluk.com. They are at most of the shows I attend and always have a good supply of uppers, parts, kits, etc. You can get a kit less stripped lower for about $500, depending on the type of barrel and so on. They operate out of Delta, Ohio, which is in the Northwest corner of the state, near the lake. I am always impressed by their stuff, and have seriously thought about getting an upper from them, but they never seem to have anything except 1 in 9 twist .223 barrels at the shows. Then when I get home there is too much other stuff to keep me busy to let me get serious about browsing their site.