Motorcycle Riders

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TXplt, Mar 15, 2009.

1. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

What and how do you CCW while riding ? Do you have a dedicated bike gun ?
  2. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

Fanny pack works wonders ;)
  3. scienceman

scienceman G&G Enthusiast

I wear bibbed overalls and wear holster under the overalls. This conceals the gun well and still allows easy access.

According to my wife I look like a farmer in this getup.
  4. Bookman

Bookman G&G Enthusiast

Inside pocket in a jeans jacket. Usually a lightweight .38 revolver - I have a less-than-mint Model 37 that fits the bill. First two chambers are shot cartridges for feral dogs. Next three are 158 gr. +P SWC.
  5. Mando

Mando G&G Newbie

Well, I figure the more firepower the better. So I decided to put my Mosin M44 in my pocket every time I ride motorcycle. It takes a couple seconds to pull it out, but as long as you don't catch the bayonet on your pants when you pull it out, it works flawlessly.
    Plus, you can poke holes in car tires if they really get you angry.
  6. 15AcreWoods

15AcreWoods G&G Newbie

I always carry a Kahr CW9 SOB or .357 Ruger SP101 in my inside jacket pocket or saddle bags.

My son carries a Glock 30 IWB 4 o'clock.

Attached Files:

7. 15AcreWoods

15AcreWoods G&G Newbie

Never thought about shot cartridges for dogs. Good idea.
  8. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Have you checked lately to see if you have sliced any private parts off that you may have wanted to keep? (altho at my age,it really isn't a big concern.) sam.
  9. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Newbie

I love it when a plan comes together! :D:D:D:D

Beautiful bike there. I've got a CZ-82 I carry in a shoulder holster under my jacket or coat. Depending on the weather or how cold it is, but it conceals great, and the holster holds the gun very well.
  10. cjleete

cjleete G&G Enthusiast

If you are big enough to put an M44 in your pocket, then I doubt anyone is going to give you trouble. Since I am not that huge, I carry either a G19 or a S&W 66 in 3"
  11. TXplt

Nice Bike, 15 !

Been using an airweight in a fanny pack, but been thinking of throwing a Judge in the saddle bag and wondered if anyone else did this. Just wasn't sure how well it'd work.

Thanks all !
  12. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

TX the only problem I would see with the saddle bag gun is the time it would take to access the weapon. Then there is the fact that if the saddle bags are not lockable hard bags the gun could be stolen if you left the bike unattended for a short length of time. On a group ride we did one of the guys had his camera and few other small items stolen from his saddle bags when we stopped into a cafe for lunch. Where we were seated we couldn't keep an eye on the bikes and being broad daylight didn't think anyone would mess with the bikes.
    Just something to think about.
  13. TXplt

^

Thx--kinda thinking along the same lines and might stick with the fanny pack.

Cheers :)
  14. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit G&G Enthusiast

Coronado out of California makes a leather motorcycle CCW vest. Comes in black, and brown with snaps with inside holster built in both side. Depending on size, cost is around $185 to $235 each.

http://www.coronadoleather.com/
  15. Mando

Mando G&G Newbie

My pocket contains a time/space anomaly, so I can fit in there whatever can slip past the opening without ripping my pants. Yeah. I'm not that big. Just lucky to have a wormhole in my pocket.

I like the shot cartridge idea too. May have to look into that.
  16. Jersey Jailer

Jersey Jailer G&G Newbie

Shot loads? If you're gonna bust a cap on a dog, might as well be a HP. You will get into just as much trouble.

I carry either my Glock 26 or S&W 686 (4 in) in a Jackass rig when riding. Got pulled over Two many times when I was working, carrying in an SOB holster. Cross draw was against dept. policy, had to get speckel permission. I'm sure now that I retired, some NJ State Gestapo agent....I mean trooper will take great umberance with me if I display my gun. Sometimes I think, if some AH can see a Glock26/27 size gun in a SOB, he's too friggin close and I should be allowed to shoot him:)
  17. Ricinfl

Ricinfl G&G Newbie

I have a leather jacket and a vest made by a company called Pistol Pete. They both have a pocket made for carring a fire arm.
    Thats where my .40 lives.

Ric
  18. Sam Ruger

Sam Ruger G&G Newbie

I use a shoulder holster under a vest. I can wear a T-shirt and you can't see it (Only had one person ever spot it.).

Not a very fast draw though and I definitely wouldn't pack if I was riding a Harley versus my Honda. I don't think the SP would be pleased to find a Harley rider with a CW. Just my extra 2 cents.

Actually, the dang thing's kind of useless really.
  19. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

There's a nifty CCW Badge & ID holder In One, that when attached to or next to your holster, you catch less headaches.

Most cops spot the badge holder, & categorize you into the "Probably a Good Guy" slot...and then they ASK instead of immediately throwing you into a 5-point spread on your face. ;)

Other Nifty things you want to do to draw less attention to yourself.
    SHAVE...or have no more than a mustache.
    If you have a mustache, make sure it's within regulation standards and THICK & BUSHY like a 1970's cop
    Military-style Haircut, prefferably NOT a Marine High & Tight (those jarheads are ALWAYS trouble...LOL)
    Long hair = Probable Cause
    Certain patches are also Probable Cause...like 1%, MJ, 13, 5-Leaf, and Bob Marley stickers should really be avoided
    Dress decently. No pants hanging offa yer butt. And no Plumber's Crack, either ;)
    Don't look like a scumbag...i.e. Biker Gang Member.
    Don't look like Chester the Molester, either
    SMILE when you see an officer, maybe even give 'em a nod or wave :)
    (Don't wave Just One Finger, either ;) )
    If you are riding a Motorcycle ALWAYS wear at least a shorty helmet.
    Avoid the ww2 chrome german helmets...unless you actually ARE a cop :D (there's an inside joke there...)
    It's quite simple...even the ACLU won't help a Ratty-lookin Biker...cops can profile 'em all day long...(especially if wearing gang colors) but chances are, if you look like a "Yuppie Biker", (as long as you aren't speeding or flagrantly breaking some other traffic law), the Fuzz will let you be :)
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  20. dodge310

dodge310 G&G Newbie

I usually carry my taurus 22 inside the waist with my mini revolver in my pocket. I'm trying to save up to get me a light weight 357. My Model 66 sw is just too heavy.