Mueller Scopes?

Discussion in 'Optics' started by CrazyIvan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

Yep, still on the 'hunt' for a scope to mount to my Weatherby .308 Win. The rifle was only $350, so I can't see spending a whole lot on the thing.

I came across this:

Mueller Optics 4.5-14x40mm AO APV Rifle Scope FREE S&H MAPV451440, MAPV451440S. Mueller Optics Rifle Scopes.

Amazon.com: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm: Sports & Outdoors

It seems that everyone has something good to say about it, but only a small few of the reviews are folks who mounted it to something larger than a .22lr.

What is your experience with Mueller, if any?

Thanks.
  2. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Enthusiast

Mine is on a 25-06, I love that scope
  3. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

I have one on my .17HMR and I like it. Not sure I would trust it to hold up to .308 recoil though.
  4. roggom

roggom G&G Enthusiast

Look here, View Products there are a few Redfield revolutions (lifetime warranty, made in US), Revenge (not lifetime, made in the Philippines), and Nikon Prostaff(should have the 25 year warranty, made in the Phillipines?)

They will serve you much better than that Mueller.

Sure you may get away with 100-1000 rounds of 308 out of that Mueller, but three hours out in the prairie or 5 miles out of Craig is the last place you want to find out.
  5. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    i got the 8-24 eradicator on the 308 and have shot hundreds of rounds through it.
    i love muellers
  6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Wow, man. I'd never heard of these. They run around the same range as my Barska, but the reviews aren't quite the mixed bag you get with a Barska.
  7. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    If Mueller made pistol scopes
    I would never buy another brand again.
    yeah I like them that much.
  8. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

for the money, they are pretty decent. ive mounted a few for other people, and have 2 for myself. 1 an APV is on one of my 10/22's great scope for the money. i also have another meuller, on my M1A, and im fairly confident the rifle killed the scope, and did it in a hurry. one of these days i'll have to pull it off and try it on another rifle, just to be sure. i still absolutely believe you get what you pay for in optics, but for the money meuller is a fair bet. i'd never take one on a bg game hunt, but for a range rifle, or a prarie dog gun where you have a back up or other options, i'd drag one along.
  9. wamantqs

wamantqs G&G Newbie

Mueller's ~ can't beat'em, with anything

I've owned them all and Mueller's stand up to all of them; scopes that cost thousands. The quality for the price is unmatched. Their biggest problem are their reticles; they are not fans of mil dot reticles, I am. I use holdovers on a regular basis and without the right reticle setup, as you know, you're dead in the water. If Mueller changed their reticles to a majority of mil dot's they could easily double the price of their scopes. Shame. I would have most of my guns set up with Mueller's if they had just decent mil dot reticles on them. Make sure to go to their site so you can click on the reticle setup for each scope. Believe me; if you spend $250 for a scope, the best one on the market is a Mueller, by far. Heck, the $150 scopes are crazy good for the money. You won't be sorry, at any calibre setup, they can take the recoil. I have Mueller's on my 30-30, -06, .308 and 6.5 Grendel; plus my plinkers. Good luck

10. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I have a redfield Revolution and love the scope. I also have a Mueller Variable power. The mueller is clear and seems well made. I keep toying with the idea of mounting it on my Remington 788 but may wind up putting it on a rimfire.