Need Help on a Rohrbaugh R9 IWB holster

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by LarryT, Jun 24, 2009.

1. LarryT

LarryT G&G Newbie

Would like to know if anyone has had success with purchasing and liking a IWB holster for a Rohrbaugh R9. There are a couple of manufactures making them, trying to decide which would be best, I'm in Florida and it is hot, so perspiration could/would be an issue.
    Thanks, LarryT
  2. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

First off LarryT, hello and welcome to G&G. Also, I'd never heard of this brand firearm, so I Googled it. Looks a bit like the Phoenix brand? A little anyhow. It seems to have gotten some decent reviews anyhow?

Which caliber did you go with; 9mm or .380? How do you like it? Is it pretty accurate at say the 7yds. they say is mostr common for self defense shots?

Secondly, as to your question, do you want a leather or other type of holster?

And lastly, it being a not so well known or widely solde firearm, that you hit the gun shops and see what works? Gun shows are another option. And you also might try calling holster manufactures and see if they have anything for it? Now that I think of it, they're a couple of members here at G&G that make holsters? They both seem to do a great job. Maybe one or both of them might see this thread and have something or be willing to custom make you one.

Here's one made by Onesonek for another TexasT, another G&G member. To give you an example.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/holsters-slings/80426-custom-holster-member-onesonek.html

And the other member that advertises making holsters if I remember correctly is Golem? If I can find the link I'll post it for you as well. I know if you Google the name it will come up..

Good luck in you search...
  3. LarryT

LarryT G&G Newbie

IWB Holster for Rohrbaugh

Thanks for the reply Glockmeister! I have the 9mm, I have a couple of other .380's wanted something with a little more punch than my Keltec .380 or Ruger LCP .380. I think The Rohrbaugh fits the bill. It is CNC machined in New York and is a precision handgun. There are some manufacturers of holsters for this particular pistol. I was wondering if any members had any experience with any of the brands that are out there. I will check out the links you supplied me.
    Thanks!
    LarryT