Nevins cartridge company?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Pumpkinheaver, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Enthusiast

I was given a big batch of .38 spl brass and much of it is headstamped NEVINS .38 spl. I have never heard of nevins cartridge co maybe someone on here can enlighten me?
  2. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Pumpkinheaver have you compared it to Starline -- if you buy a drum of 50000 pieces starline would headstamp it pumpkinheaver for you
  3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Hummmm doglips brass :)

Shaun been meanign to ask..what do you do for a liveing....the reloads at work left me ?????
  4. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Doglips I do three things for a living

Work full time at Cat in the technology area
    Side Job Teaching College with the University of Phoenix
    and I run an ammunition business of my own on the side for the past 6 years
  5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ok rembered you workign for Cat....could not figure the reloading ammo for your work..thinking Catapiler...unless testing out the new grader with the 30 cal mount :)
  6. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

new grader with a 30 cal that's a good idea
  7. terry2425

terry2425 G&G Newbie

nEVINS aMMUNITION

Nevins Ammunition was a small manufacturer of handgun ammunition in Boise, Idaho from 1980 to 1987. The company produced 38, 357, 45, 44 and 9 mm in a variety of different loads and bullet types for law enforcement and sporting goods stores in the Pacific Northwest. The majority of the ammunition made was “remanufacturedâ€￾ for law enforcement training. The company was the first to produce a high pressure, high velocity-training round with a lead bullet in 38 Special. A special process was developed with a small bullet manufacturer in California to produce a lead bullet that would not leave any residue in the barrel at a high velocity. The company was also the first to introduce the “Twelve Packâ€￾ of handgun ammunition to the retail sporting goods industry. The brass you have with the Nevins headstamp was manufactured for the company by one of three suppliers; Starline, Winchester or Norma of Sweden. The company produced in excess of 5 million rounds each year with sales primarily in the Northwest, with the exception of government contracts that were shipped globally.

Best regards,

Terry Nevins
  8. ScottD

ScottD G&G Newbie

Thanks for the indepth info, Terry.
  9. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Site Terry
  10. Pumpkinheaver

11. Terry2625

Terry2625 G&G Newbie

Nevins Ammo

Terry Nevins!

I still have a few boxes of Nevins .38 ammo! Awesome stuff. I used to go by the Nevin's place and buy it directly from the shop. I was wondering if I could ask: Who supplied the great bullets you used, and can their process be duplicated? I reload, and I am wanting to do more shooting in SAS and with other competitions.

If I was able to produce enough to make it worthwhile to go through the ATF process, I might even think about that.

Any thoughts?

I really have some great memories with your ammo! It was great to see you make comments. It made me register just to visit with you.

(Terry 2, I guess)
  12. Pumpkinheaver

Darn this thread popping is a blast from the past. It's almost 5 years old!!!! By the way the brass is still going strong, I loaded some of it just the other night!
  13. Terry2625

Terry2625 G&G Newbie

Nevins Ammo

Hey Pumpkinheaver! I didn't even look at the age of the original posts. I was hoping to connect with Terry Nevins. If you know, let me know?

Anyway, I'll say that you should get a lot of wear from that brass, depending on the chambers (some vary) and the pressures you use. I appreciate the response. Have a great one.

Terry
  14. Pumpkinheaver

It looks like he hasn't posted since 2004! Have you tried sending him a PM?
  15. Terry2625

Terry2625 G&G Newbie

Thank you, but how would I go about that?

Terry
  16. snowcat

snowcat G&G Newbie

Hey Terry's or Pumpkinheaver, I have 20 year old son that I named Nevin. Would it be possible to pick up a few different brass from you? He just bought his girlfriend a 60ls lady smith (with pink grips). I think it would be neat to load her a few rounds of personal loads from him.
    Or if anyone could lead me to a few it would be great!
    Thanks Clark
  17. Pumpkinheaver

Let me see if I still have any of that brass left and I'll gladly send you some.