New Cars in California Must Display Global Warming Score...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Marine1, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Marine1

Marine1 G&G Newbie

2. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Man, oh man, am I glad I moved outta there. Those folks are going totally nuts! Anything for a buck, no matter how bad they hurt people. They already sent me a letter, telling me that I have to go through the state, in order to do business with a dealer in Ca. I'm sure the next step will be to put a fee on it! I guess they don't want my business!
  3. Zephri

Zephri G&G Newbie

so far all I read was a load of crap, charge people for how much gas their car farts out how retarded.
  4. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

So they want more info on the window stickers? I don't care. The more info on there, the better. I was totally shocked in Oklahoma years ago when I went in to buy a new pickup, because the dealer didn't even have prices on his showroom models. And he had stacks of brochures extolling the available extras and accessories, but not a hint what they would cost me.

I asked him, "how am I supposed to decide what to buy without knowing what the prices are?" He looked down his nose at me and told me, "well, son, this is how it works: you tell me what you want, and I'll tell you what it's going to cost you."

I told him, "how about we work it this way, instead? You kiss my ***, and I'll buy my new pickup the next time I'm visiting my folks in California." And I did. In California, everything I wanted to know was right there on the window stickers, even that many years ago.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  5. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

yet they oppose legislation to point out sex offenders cars?

go figure, ya id have a super high rating then post stickers all around it bragging just to piss people off, my cars a junker, go ahead and key it i dont give a damn (just dont let me catch ya doing it)
  6. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

You're getting a little carried away, son. I've never known a California new-car owner in my life who left the window sticker on his vehicle after he bought it. You wouldn't be able to see out the window...
  7. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

The problem with these global warming "scores" is that they're completely arbitrary and in no way give any information based on fact as to if or how much the cars might be warming the planet. They're essentially disinformation, and can get in the way of objective (i.e. MPG and performance) information. When you propose facts and fiction together, there is a real possibility the truth can be blurred and valuable info missed. You CAN have too much information.
  8. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

ohh i know, its just that i dont get it, people who care about the environment will already know about the ratings of the cars
  9. cremley

cremley G&G Newbie

Colorado, with all the pot smoking libtards -_-
    and then it will turn into a green tax! yea!! and everyone will have to pay taxes on all of their emissions so Al Gore can save the world. smart bast@#ds are making money on all of us because of this scam. sure, it could be happening. are humans the cause? more than likely no! can humans fix it? not a chance!

I guess we will have to start our own green companies and start making money off of this scam to or we will be like those poor suckers too!
  10. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

i would never pay that tax....ever
  11. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

Long ago, this is what I saw "Carbon Credits" turning into.
  12. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Lets try this again. This sounds just like the legislation that the DOT tried to pass
    a few years back. Masuring bug splat to write citations on speeding, didnt go through. I always say that nothing from California surprizes me where law and
    money go hand in hand. Seemes to me sometimes if you just hand over your money
    before and after you leave everything will be ok.
  13. nathangdad

nathangdad G&G Newbie

Well, what can the customer do about it?

If you need a pickup for your business or a van to carry around the family exactly what good is the score? Are you supposed to have some
    forever guilt feeling about what you buy? If it is a low number are you supposed to have a paint shop put it on the driver's door so other people can think you are something special?

What exactly is the hidden cost in the car's purchase price for this score?

Personally, I think this is just so much more Cali-crapola.
  14. bellx1

bellx1 G&G Newbie

wow....this has gotta be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard!!! i dont really believe in all this "Global Warming" baloney....but how much more waste are they putting into the atmosphere by producing all these stickers....
  15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Where in Oklahoma was that? I've bought a dozen cars and trucks in Oklahoma and every one of them had a price posted on it. Must have been a used car lot. The cars come from the factory with the price tag and equipment posted on the window. I believe it's the law.
  16. blaster

blaster G&G Enthusiast

I take research charters on my boats and most of the scientists that I work with don't buy into global warming either.
  17. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

It's always been a scam to tax people. Nothing more, nothing less.
  18. DWFan

DWFan G&G Enthusiast

Maybe the politicians should be made to wear the same thing. Excessive hot air contributes to global warming too, doesn't it?
  19. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

So they're going to admit how much more it costs to produce ethanol on the sticker? How about the energy required to produce batteries for hybrids? I'm all for info, but they won't stop there, next step will be a tax on everthing that they arbitrarily dislike. They're pushing for eveyone to drive a Prius and it's B.S.!
  20. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

All I can say about this is this >>>>>:lmao::lmao::lmao: