New Colt Ar-15 6920

Discussion in 'AR15' started by Morgan, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Morgan

Morgan G&G Newbie

So I just pulled the trigger on a Colt 6920 Got it shipped to my door for $989.00, I wasnt going to get a colt, I looked at a ton of diffrent options from Sig, S&W, RRA, and a few others but for another 100 bucks or the same price I'd get the Colt. I'm thinkiong it'll hold it value alot better. I've got a couple of RRA's and Double star's so we'll see how this goes.

I've got an extra Eotech 512 I'd like to mount on it along with some BUS. But I'm gonna need a rail can anyone recomend a good rail, BUS, and I'd also like a decent flashlight to mount?
  2. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Enthusiast

Well you're right about it holding value a little better. Why, I have no idea because they aren't actually manufactured better than comparable rifles. It'll be better than the doublestar and maybe better than the RRA. Whether you'll actually notice it being better is a different story.

If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of Colts because like John Deere, they want more money just because of the name.
  3. Morgan

Morgan G&G Newbie

I've got a few colt guns I am not a die hard guy and to tell you the truth I shoot my Double Stars more than my RRA's. What sold me on the colt's was the testing and proofing they do on there AR-15's the quality of the steel they use and overall quality. I really didnt think there was much of a difference in AR's but after alot of research I've found there is.
  4. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Enthusiast

I won't say Colts are junk, because they're not. I just don't like it when a company charges more for the name. To be fair, their AR-15s have come down in the past few years to a more reasonable price. I personally like the PSA line. Might have something to do with them being local, but they do all the same tests Colt does and they actually use FN Herstal barrels made in the same factory that produces the rifles for the Marine Corps.
  5. beardedjesse

beardedjesse G&G Regular Forum Contributor

<3 my Colt! Bought it used for $699..had it for 3 years now...shoots every single time I pull the trigger...
  6. chesterwin

chesterwin Super Moderator

When that colt grows up, will it be a mare or a stallion? Congratulations on what I consider a good purchase.
  7. Darkfront

Darkfront G&G Enthusiast

Flashlight: Surefire Raid or Surefire Scout
    Rail:
    Quad rail: Daniel Defense Lite for free float, Daniel Defense Omega for non.
    Modular rail: Noveske NSR or Troy Alpha
  8. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Congrats on your purchase Morgan! Great choice.

The M600 and the M300 Scouts are awesome but why the RAID? While a great light I doubt he is going to be making use of the IR system so no reason to pay for a more expensive system when you won't use half the functions/purpose of it.

A Surefire X300 or the new X300 ultra is also a suggestion depending on how he does his light setup. (Good 12 o clock option forward of the Front sight)

Gear Sector also makes some good light mounts too.
  9. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Enthusiast

For the light and rail, you can't go wrong with a foursevens light. They're brighter than comparable models, batteries last longer, lighter weight, and they all come with about 8 different modes that you pick your favorite 2 from for quick access. Also a fan of streamlight. Don't like Surefire because like other major brands, you're paying more for the name than you are for the product.

I have a Troy Alpha I'm putting on my new upper and it's nice. I also have a Troy drop in quad on another rifle. It's also very good. Based on the style of rifle it is, I'm guessing you're going for precision bench shooting. I would go with a drop in rail. Midwest has a new one that is lightweight and streamlined. If I had seen it before I bought the drop in Troy I have, I may have gone with it instead.
    Midwest Industries: SS-Series Drop-In Two Piece
    [​IMG]

There's also a company called Diamondhead that also make a low profile light weight drop in.
    Diamondhead V-RS™ Modular Drop-In Handguard System
    [​IMG]