New FEG MkII APK

Discussion in 'FEG' started by 728shooter, Oct 23, 2009.

1. 728shooter

728shooter G&G Newbie

I just picked up an FEG MkII APK in .380 at a gun show for $200. Minor finish wear on the right side of the receiver (holster wear?) but other than that, she looks brand new. Anyone have one of these or know anything about them? It looks like a very well made gun. Looking forward to taking it to the range -- anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks,

--728shooter
  2. Billyz

Billyz G&G Newbie

Have not seen any of those yet but if its built as good as the pa63 should be a fine weapon. Keep us posted on the range outing.
  3. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

4. Pope130

Pope130 G&G Regular

728shooter,
    Your pistol is essentially identical to the PA-63, differing only in the barrel. It was originally made as an American market version for import by Kassnar. Magazines and internal parts for the 63 will work.

Many FEG users find the double action trigger pull heavy, and the recoil sharp. These can both be solved by replacing springs. Wolff Gunsprings at www.gunsprings.com has hammer springs and recoil springs in various weights that will take care of this problem. There are earlier threads that deal with the replacement process. I've done four of these now, and every user is amazed at the improvement in feel.

Other parts are available from Numrich at www.e-gunparts.com or Buymilsurp at www.buymilsurp.com .

The FEG is a derivative of the Walther PP, and while having several internal improvements, is still similar in size and shape. Holsters and magazine pouches listed for the Walther PP (and the SIG P230 and P232) will fit the FEG very well. I use a Bianchi size 9 holster, and a size 0 magazine pouch.

I'd like to have one myself. In the long run it's possible the .380 ACP will be more available. Right now 9x18 Makarov is cheaper and easier to find than .380. Almost all Makarov is imported, and could be stopped by a sweep of the pen. Some prefer the Makarov, as it's a bit more powerful. However, high end Makarov loads shouldn't be used in the PA-63 anyway. 95 grain standard loads, that are safe for the aluminum frame PA-63, are no more powerful than some .380 ACP on the market.

Robert

P.S. Take a look Marschalgips http://marschalgrips.com/ for beautiful wood grips. The extended grips come down parrallel with the floorplate extension of the magazine, and give a better grip for larger hands.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  5. rmm63

rmm63 G&G Newbie

I believe your .380 is basically the same as my Mark II, Model AP, which made made for or by Interarms. It is all steel; it does not have an alloy frame. Seems to be of a higher quality than my PA63. Recoil is not bad (maybe because of the heavier frame) and seems to have a little lighter trigger than the PA63. It shoots good and I like it very much.

Attached Files:

6. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

I have one of these guns, bought it new for $260 back in about 2006 or so. They were originally designed and used as one of the many models of firearms issued to Hungarian Police forces. They ultimately became more of a gun enthusiasts firearm.

Great gun, handles the .380 rounds nicely given it's blued steel construction.

If you can extra magazines for it, buy them. These guns are no longer imported to the United States as of 2001, so there aren't much in way of accessories around.

Also, I noticed that the magazines are not heavy enough in of themselves to eject from the gun. This makes for a bad idea to use this weapon as a personal defense gun, unless you can remove the plastic end of the magazine and maybe sauder some heavy material on it making it heavy enough to eject.

When you go shooting, take a small screwdriver with you. I noticed after 50-60 rounds, the screw that holds the grips on comes loose. I guess you could put some threadlock on the screw, but I don't like making it more of a permanent fixture.

Be carefull when you clean it. There are a few parts that are really really small and can be lost very easily.

I have scanned the manual and added it here for a few other folks who have asked for it, if you are interested:

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/feg/95172-feg-pmk-380-user-manual.html

Here's a pic of mine:

[​IMG]
  7. gndboy

gndboy G&G Newbie

Tres Cool

I bought one new I think in 1997, and it is a good smooth shooter. One must be careful the extractor rib (or whatever it's called) is kept in place during disassembly/cleaning/reassembly. Otherwise, a very easy-to-maintain piece. Mine's been fired only at the range using Winchester 95 gr. FMJ ball and have yet to have a hangup. I like practicing with the tiny fixed sights. My opinion is this is a solid little semi auto. Been shooting it for around thirteen years, and have a blast with it at the range. I'm mainly a black powder type, so this APK fixes my exotic thing. Good little gun. Best wishes to all.
  8. Sarge7402

Sarge7402 G&G Newbie

You may also find them marked as an SMC. Some have a steel frame (I've got one in 22 and .380 with a steel frame) or aluminum (also have one in .380 and one in 9x18).

All shoot well and are only slightly wider/thicker than my walther's.