New Military Surplus Magazine

Discussion in 'Curios and Relics' started by srt 10 jimbo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Was just at outdoor world getting a knife and some shirts and checked out the magazine rack. Picked up this new mag and bought it. I like it, they have good articles on Garands ,Mosins, Mausers, SKS's and a host of others. think I gotta subscribe to this mag.

Attached Files:

2. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

Thanks for the info, this one should cover my preferred weapons.
    I'll be looking for it.
  3. caopai

caopai G&G Newbie

That's funny...one dies, another comes up quick to take it's spot.
  4. Stackz O Magz

Stackz O Magz G&G Newbie

Jimbo can you tell us where we can go online to get a subscription ordered? As in who publishes it?

I can't tell from the pic, it's a little pixelated on my end..

Thanks
  5. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Harris publications Inc. 1115 Broadway, New York, New York. It's $9.95 and looks like they only publish it annually. Darn
  6. oldjarhead

I purchased a copy of this magazine and after flipping through it I was happy to see articles on the M1 Carbine and the M1 Garand. My joy was short lived however.

The articles are poorly written both grammer-wise and content-wise. It seems the articles are written by first-year journalist students who did little research on the subjects of which they're writing.

The photography, although good subject matter, leaves much to be desired when it comes to lighting the subject matter resulting in poor color balance, and really poor color temperature, of the actual representation of the subject matter.

Way too much inaccurate information in the articles I've read so far thus I have a hard time keeping interested.

The article on de-greasing surplus firearms surprised me...I don't know of any milsurp enthusiasts who use a knife, Gerber or otherwise, to "scrape away some of the waxy grease".

There is a great potential for a magazine of this sort but 'Military Surplus' needs some serious improvements.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

would come in handy in the outhouse i'll bet:jester:
  8. oldjarhead

Naw...the pages are all sheen so it would result in a smear attack...quite a mental picture, huh?