NO .22 ammo still

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by nmhomesecurity, Jan 26, 2013.

1. nmhomesecurity

nmhomesecurity G&G Regular

Ok.. this is getting ridiculous.. 3 weeks later still no .22lr ammo out there in New Mexico (ABQ) area.

I usually look at Walmart because they buy directly from the factory. My distributors do not have any .22lr in stock and have no idea when they are getting it.

I'm missing being able to go out in the boonies and shoot. Anybody know what the hell is going on with .22 ammo?
  2. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Landlubber Pirate Forum Contributor

I still haven't seen any in my area. Walmrt out, local shop out, go into the next town the sporting goods store out, and the walmrt up there out. Nothing to be had. The only thing I am hearing is they can't get it.

:swordfight:
  3. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

I've heard similar reports here in Ohio, but we have it at the store where I work. Guys come in and are surprized to see we have some. We sell it by the box, no bulk packs or bricks, but we never had them. Prices run from $2.39 up to $3.79 per 50, haven't been changed.

AND, our $5 off per box for Fiocchi priced over $18 just got extened to mid February. That puts .45 230g HP at $25 a box, 9mm FMJ (if we had any left) at $13, and everything else in between.

Our stocks are dropping pretty fast, but we are selling what we have at normal prices.
  4. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

A pallet of 22 ammo came into a local gander mountain and it was gone with in 2 hours! I managed a box of cci 375 bulk but none are left. Sheesh! I think I may be down to 10K rounds! I need more!!!!!
  5. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

There are lots of folks who are looking at .22 as the latest in SD ammo, not to mention cheap fun. With 9mm getting to match the rest of the CF ammo, it's the only affordable option.

Does this foretell what happens if the Feds start taxing ammo in a big way, as has been speculated here? Is that why reloading supplies are starting to evidence the pinch?
  6. patton_jmh

patton_jmh G&G Newbie

It's the same with 9mm. You can't find it ANYWHERE. I might just have to break down and buy it from a friend if they're willing to sell it. I'm pretty desperate right now.

A couple weeks ago I saw Gold Saber HP at Basspro for $35 and thought that was too high so I didn't buy it. I'm still kicking myself for that one.
  7. EtherialOne

EtherialOne G&G Regular

The Stores here in south central NC are pretty bare too.. Always look when I go to WallyWorld and even though they only had a few odd caliber stuff there was now a sign stating that due to availability you could only buy 3 boxes per person per day.
  8. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I've contended for some time now that the vast majority of the gun owners in this country have sat idly by with several firearms, and no ammo to speak of for any of them. That would include millions of 22 rifles and handguns. Barring some other unforeseen calamity it will take all the manufacturers some time to produce themselves out of such a precipitous shortfall.
  9. nmhomesecurity

nmhomesecurity G&G Regular

Well, I actually have a personal stash of .22 bulk packs. But, I would rather buy new ammo and shoot that instead.
  10. Lightweight

Lightweight G&G Enthusiast

Lucked out and the Walmart lady had just put out bulk packs the UPS had dropped off 10 minutes earlier. I snagged 1000 rounds of Winchester M-22, but there was still two more of those left, and there were at least a dozen Winchester 333 packs as well. First .22 LR I have seen there in a month.
  11. rando

rando G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Its unavailable online and in stores. I see some smaller boxes but no bricks. I was lucky to get some a few months ago. A guy was selling 12 bricks for $8 a brick and glad I bought them.
  12. patton_jmh

patton_jmh G&G Newbie

Yep. I'm one of those "majority of gun owners." I've even been calling some friends to see if they would sell some to me at their named price. No luck so far.
  13. jerry

jerry G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I wortk on the road. I wander in farm stores and such while tooling around. Stopped in a Farm King Friday, they had individual 50 rd boxes of Federal for $3 a box. Better than nothing, so I bought 6 boxes. I see some 9mm, some 45 even one LGS has a limited supply of 223. Reloading supplies are KO big time. I agree, if the madness ended today, it will take a year to re fill the supply chain. I have enough to not have to give up shooting, but each pull of the trigger is fewer and furhter between. Every shot counts double. BTW, oddly enough, around here, if you want 40SW its falling out of peoples butts. Iv'e always been a proponent of owning multi caliber guns for supply reasons. I still have not warmed upo to the 40 though.
  14. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Enthusiast

We went to the local gun shop and found anything we wanted, whether it be pistol or rifle. My son bought 200 rounds of CCI Mini-Mags, they had lots of 9mm, .40, .357, and .45acp. He had a shelf full of .22
  15. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Landlubber Pirate Forum Contributor

You're lucy, my local walmrt says on 2 boxes per customer.

:swordfight:
  16. BudW

BudW G&G Enthusiast

9mm was 67.00 for 100 rds
    plenty of .17
    .22 none the two places I looked
  17. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Went to the last gunshow here in lauderdale and picked up 6 , 500 round Bricks of aguilla super maxinums for $35 a brick. They had plenty of cci, remington , and winchester too