Oh boy. Add Bob Costas to the anti- list

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by bobvonb, Dec 2, 2012.

1. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Enthusiast

just heard him say handguns have no place in our society, because of the murder suicide of the Kansas City football player and his wife.
  2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

He works for NBC, what do you expect?

Way to politicize a tragedy bob costas.
  3. Sparky680

Sparky680 G&G Newbie

I don't watch NBC anyways. I rarely watch the news at all, most of.it's lies
  4. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Enthusiast

news? this is the Cowboys-Eagles half-time show.

this is right after he said we shouldn't use a tragedy to learn something.
  5. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Enthusiast

That football player was an IDIOT!!!! And so is Bob Costas, when the first thing he thinks about is talking about the "GUN" :bigeyes:. When that piece of selfish human mucous football player, took BOTH the lives of a childs parents. I'm sorry but it PISSES me off when NO ONE stops to think of the child that was ABUSED!!!! in this, and all they want to talk about is everything else like the "gun" or how the other players were so shook up, and tried to talk him out of doing more damage. There is a CHILD involved that will grow up WITHOUT a parent WHATSOEVER. And Costas wants to politicize it and make it all about guns and not the "MAN" that took his own childs mother and his own life!!!
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  6. TACAV

Yea I know he does the NFL shows but he worked for NBC a long time including the NFL sports under NBC Sports.

He has openly made fun of the Bush Administration and conservatives before, this new quip about being anti-gun would not be the first time he made a political jab.
  7. Ballbearing

Ballbearing G&G Enthusiast

Spoke before he thought, typical knee-jerk, reactionary dumbass.
  8. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Newbie

Most all of the major networks, are owned by defense contractors. the only way the defense contractors stay in business, is for their warmongers to keep wars going, or start new ones.....
    here is a list of the top 100 defense contractors

List of United States defense contractors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gee, look what i found online

Department of Defense Contractors inAfghanistan and Iraq:
    Background andAnalysis

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R40764.pdf

Top 25 largest american defense contractors
    Top 25 US Defense Companies - Business Insider
  9. TACAV

Yup,

War sure is profitable and sparks a lot of intellectual problem solving, thus leading to a lot of the our best everyday use inventions and products came from war (Or NASA). Lots of advancements in food products, medicine, technology, and other things people would not necessarily think of that are "war" related.

Hence why you have companies and institutions such as

Nextel, Mass. Institute of Technology, Motorola, Mitsubishi, Oshkosh Corporation, Verizon Communications, Exxon Corporation, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Honeywell and a whole lot of others on that defense contractor list.
  10. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Almost ALL people working for the mainstream media sources are vehemently anti gun--even those you might consider moderate or more conservative.

I have found VERY few who are actually knowledgable of firearms (or flying for that matter)--and they should know better.

Don`t know if it is a chicken-and-egg thing but I have found VERY few balanced people on national TV or radio who are supporters of the 2A -- or the Constitution for that matter.

When stuff like this hits (or one has some form of crisis) it truly weeds out character. Often circumstances 'out' someone. Guess Bob got outed for being a BG (or if one wants to be charitable just plain ignorant).

It DOES explain why there are so many nanny staters who want to blame the gun, car, substance, non living object, etc. for ACTIONS. We are largely a product of learned behaviour and that is the propaganda many are taught for much of their lives. When one looks at stuff like this in the broader context it explains alot of how we got where we are now,
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  11. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

ok explain that one to me please.
  12. Deckard2012

Deckard2012 G&G Newbie

Sure, Bob . . . the head injuries, drinking and painkillers he was abusing had nothing to do with it. It was the guns fault. An inanimate object, that made him take mind altering subtances, and kill the mother of his child. (heavy dose of sarcasm)

Is it tragic? Yes. It is still the individuals decision. Not an inanimate object.
    People need to take responsibility for their actions.
  13. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

THAT ain't about to happen in Barfy's NEW Amerika! He doesn't want anyone but us wage earners to think in constructive ways, because WE have to support HIS idea of Utopia, where HIS folks get took care of by all us bad white people, who caused ALL of the troubles in this world! If he could do it by executive order, we'd ALREADY be officially enslaved, and forced to work in order to pay for folks like the baby makling idiot on the other thread!
  14. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

15. Oxford

Oxford G&G Enthusiast

I heard this said yesterday by Bob Costus. Immeditely I turned to my wife and said, that is a terrible thing to say...and it's totally wrong". My wife and I discussed his statement for a while as I got more and more irritated. Costus also quoted another KC based sports writer who had said something similar earlier inthe day. Obviously, this kind of thinking is 100% the opposite of what I believe.

I believe anyone knowlegable of guns has known for a long time that "it's not the guns that are dangerous, but the person who decides to use it in such a manner." What about banning knives, baseball bats, rocks, fists, whatever else. Obviously, the "ban the gun" group has not thought out what they're saying.

Those "ban the gun" people do a disservice to millions of Americans who own and responsibly use them.

I might add, I live in Gladstone, Mo which is a suburb of KC, Mo and was very saddened to hear of the death of the wife of KC chiefs football player, Mark Belcer, who IMHO, was temporarily insane when he shot and killed his longtime girlfriend and mother of his 3 month baby girl. This tragic event was like a dark cloud over Kansas Citians from the moment it hit the news media.
  16. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Enthusiast

yes, he said he was 'quoting or paraphrasing' a guy he doesn't always agree with, implying his agreement this time.

It comes back to me now, Costas at the Olympics, asking asinine questions and being a real jerk. That is the NBC way, their morning show does the same. They do an 'interview', make THEIR statement and follow it up with, "isn't that right" rather than asking the guest to make their own statement. That's not an interview, it's an ambush.
  17. gunnerdave

gunnerdave G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Costas is just another media idiot.

He made it abundantly clear how clueless he really is.
  18. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Here is a video clip if you didn't see it.

NBC
  19. Erickson

Erickson G&G Enthusiast

This is it, this one statement sums it perfectly.
  20. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Absolutely.

I find it abhorrent that not only are the media biased but also they are so very ignorant when they decide to opine.

I COULD state the facts of how CCW decreases crime and increases politeness and respectful behaviour.

But moreover, the very editorial costas chose to espouse was based on a wholly false premise. Totally ignoring the players personal issues (and that he just as easily could have used a knife, machete, hammer, club, or garden hose to do his misdeeds) the editorial claimed that it was the gun that emboldened people to go out and hurt and kill others. This is wholly false.

IF ANYTHING, when I carry I am VERY much more apt to de-escalate or diffuse a situation. This is because the LAST thing I want is for the situation to escalate into a confrontation where I have to shoot someone. This makes me more polite, more easygoing, more respectful, and less directly confrontational. The NEXT argument of an anti-gun liberal is "Well--YOU'RE different than the average gun owner" (trying to win the argument not on facts but on smugness, pride, and flattery--and ignoring what an indictment he just made toward people we let vote). To which I usually respond--"Absolutely not--EVERYONE I know who carries behaves like I do." (which is the truth).

When someone blames the gun, nothing else that person says is worth listening to. Mr. Costas blew any credibility he might otherwise have had in any area.