Old Belgium shotguns

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jlapinha, Jun 19, 2002.

1. jlapinha

jlapinha G&G Newbie

Can anyone tell me, were in Belgium may I contact to get informations about Liegeiose shotguns.
    Regards
    joao.lapinha@elnor.com
  2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Enthusiast

Belgium made Liegeiose shotguns must be a rare find.

jlapinha:

I just checked in the Numerich Gun Parts Corporation website for your gun. They've got a great cross reference chart available and it's very extensive. However, I couldn't find the Belgium made Liegeiose which you asked about.

Maybe someone else on this forum may respond who has an idea on how to get your answer. There's a lot of gun smiths, collectors and gun hobbyists here who should be able to get you on the right track.

Good luck.

Oxford:nod:
  3. jlapinha

jlapinha G&G Newbie

Hi Oxford

This shotgun is my grandfather shotgun, it has more thas 70 years and it is still tight fit between barrels and bascule. It still shoots but I want to buy an extra pair of barrels. The only one that I´ve saw in Lisbon about 6 month ago it was very very expensive, perhaps it´s still there.
    I have a contact now, Musée D´Armes de Liege or Robert et Cie in Liege.
    Thank´s a Lot.
    Best regards
    João Lapinha
  4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Enthusiast

jlapinha:

Glad you've found a contact for your grandfathers shotgun parts. Those parts could be very difficult to find.

I had to use my map finder to learn where Liege was located in Belgium. I've never been there. My wife and I traveled through the coastal area of Belgium two years ago on our way from Callieu, France to Amsterdam, Netherland as we vacationed via motorcoach on a tour of central Europe. In July of this year We plan spend ten days in the south of France near Nice.

Best regards,

Oxford:nod: