Pall Walker Killed in Car Crash

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Erickson, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Erickson

Erickson G&G Enthusiast

Just saw in the headlines that Pall Walker (Fast and Furious Movie Franchise) was killed in a car accident in California today. I cannot say I enjoyed all of the F&F movies but that last couple have been enjoyable and I was looking forward to the next with Jason Statham as the villain. My condolences to his friends and family.

Paul Walker
  2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

3. chesterwin

chesterwin Super Moderator

Condolences to family, friends and fans.
  4. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

Seems a bit ironic, doesn't it?

R.I.P.
  6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Lol,

Glad you said it, I kept my mouth shut this time. :biglaugh:

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!
  7. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I agree, it WAS ironic, and sad that he got into a car with a person lacking common sense. He was the passenger, and had no choice about his living or dying. May he be received with kindness, and live with Our Lord for eternity. Paul Walker was one of the FEW movie people I respected, and he will be missed.
  8. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Enthusiast

this was tragic and ironic yes. I liked paul walker as an actor and he seemed like a good guy by celeb standards..

Seabee i gotta say the guy he got into the car with was a legitimate race car driver, not that that means hes a god but he wasnt your average joe schmoe...also, paul walker did have a choice in whether he lived or died. My mother always taught me to think about who i get in the car with and what the situation is. HE decided to take that ride. From what his "friends and family" have said about him he lived for thrills and excitment.

So often the great burn too bright for too short a time. (someone said that better than i did)
  9. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

It is sad that someone died but I am just grateful that is was a pole that they smashed into and not a family in a van that just took a wrong turn. If you want to drive fast and drift turns there are places to do that and people like him would almost certainly have access to those sort of tracks. Doing that on a public street is inexcusable.

That being said I feel bad for the loss that his friends and family have experienced this weekend.

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!
  10. sea_chicken1

sea_chicken1 G&G Enthusiast

Paul Walker seemed like a decent guy but this thing is dripping with so much irony that it is hard not to take a cheap shot. We all do dumb things from time to time and some of them are pretty treacherous. The more often we do things like this, the more likely it is that our luck will run out. I hope his family is coming together with this loss and not fighting for scraps of his wealth.
  11. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Read that some Democratic Senator from Wisconsin say "to Bad it wasn't Scott Walker"
  12. Capt'n Mil Coll

Capt'n Mil Coll G&G Enthusiast

Saw the pics and videos on another site. Car was basicly cut in half by a tree and burst into flames. They didnt stand a chance of getting out. Must have been going pretty fast.
  13. bigV

bigV G&G Regular

Had the opportunity to work on the sets of Running Scared and F&F 7. Paul was truly admired by everyone he worked with, production is at a near standstill, everyone on the crew is feeling the loss. He was an admirable man who always put others first, he'd always give a pity laugh when a joke fell flat.
  14. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Just saw and read about this myself. And like the rest of us here, I didn't know him other then from the F&F movies. Seemed to fit the part/the part seemed to fit him.

May he R.I.P. and may his friends and family and co-workers find peace.
  15. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

At the time he was killed he was the passenger in the car of a friend who was the CEO of a car industry company for performance parts. The guy was also a professional race car driver.

They were driving back from a fund raiser for a charity event that I believe Paul Walker started.
  16. thrillbilly

thrillbilly G&G Evangelist

I know him in FAR more then F&F....his F&F role was one of his weakest roles.

I first saw him in Varsity Blues (great movie)

and he has been in several more...his best role was in Running Scared.

I also liked him in Timeline and Into The Blue, Pleasantville and Bobby Z.

I was saddened to hear of his death...I wish him godspeed.