Pistol laser with rail

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Watson 11B, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Watson 11B

Watson 11B G&G Newbie

Does anyone know of a laser that has a rail so a light can be attached and removed? Something like this but about half the price

Attached Files:

2. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

NC Star is coming out with one. It might already be out? Might want to call and ask. But it is a laser that attaches to the picatinny rail and it has a rail built into it. Only difference, the one you pictured is has a green laser, which tend to cost more, and this one looks to be red?

http://www.ncstar.com/newitems.html<<< When there, just click on Flashlights & Lasers and it will take you right to it... Since you didn't specify what bran or how much the one you pictured is, I can't tell you if it is cheaper or not???

P.S. It looks like the one you pictured says the brand on it, but I can't make it out.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  3. Watson 11B

Watson 11B G&G Newbie

The brand is lasermax and it runs for 400 at cabelas
  4. Watson 11B

Watson 11B G&G Newbie

thanks for that nc star link the laser im looking for is for a usp
  5. GlockMeister

No prob. Glad I could help. Just call NCStar and ask what the release date is for it? Maybe it's out already?
  6. Watson 11B

Watson 11B G&G Newbie

Sounds good i also found that lasermax's red laser is about half the price. Any experience with lasermax? or NCStar
  7. Deersniper

Deersniper G&G Newbie

TRG, a Texas company has come out with the TICK add-on tactical rail that attaches to a gun with out a rail. 1-800-561-7612 The cost is 59.95. [ouch] You can read a review of it on m1911.com
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  8. mtncrash1

mtncrash1 G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Check Laserlyte. They make one but not sure what the price is.
  9. GlockMeister

Laserlyte is gonna be on the expensive side.

And Watson, as for the Lasermax product, it's good stuff. You'll definitely get what your paying for if you go with that brand. And as I said, a green laser is always more pricey then red. I can't say why but I'm sure there's a reason for it. Might have to do with visibility with night vision or something or maybe it's easier to see in lower light conditions? Not sure, but maybe someone else will reply and explain why green lasers cost more then red lasers?
  10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

The most obvious difference between green and red laser pointers is beam visibility. The human eye is most sensitive to light with a wavelength of approximately 555nm (yellow/green) which makes green lasers much more visible than red lasers. Green laser can appear to be roughly 50 times brighter than red lasers.

The other main difference between red and green lasers is the complexity of their construction. In simple terms a red laser consists of a circuit board, red laser diode and a focusing lens. Green lasers on the other hand are much more complex because there are no green laser diodes that can be used. Instead an infrared (808nm) diode is used with a combination of special crystals and a filter to produce green laser light.
  11. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit G&G Enthusiast