Predator Lights

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Palladin8, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

2. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I never used one but have seen them used.They worked well on low recoil rifles but not so good on heavy recoil,especially shotguns.I do believe they are worth the money. sam
  3. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

Thanks Sam.

I was considering putting one on my AR or my 204 ruger so neither one will have the recoil to contend with.
  4. nc.hunter

nc.hunter G&G Newbie

I havent ever used a spotlight scope, but all the varmints like coyotes. bobcats and fox move 95% at night. So, I think it would work.
  5. JohnGalway

JohnGalway G&G Newbie

Buy a Lightforce Striker 170, you may need to rewire it as their connections etc are bad. It's an easy job though. I don't know of any other lamps with a comparible Watt bulb that can throw a better beam. I've two of them and most of my hunting is at night,
  6. RickLF

RickLF G&G Newbie

Night Hunter pack

Lightforce Is the way to go, its the best Ive found.I have there 170 Night Hunter Package.......

170 Scope light has a Distance of 250 yards with red Filter, (Know what your Killing) it came with a 8 amp battery, battery bag, car charger and case and a BPS (Reo-Stat) that allows me to Call at low light power and turn it up for the Kill-Shots.....

Best Night Hunting lights Ive found........Wouldent Hunt without it.......

I bought Mine at:

www.tufflights.com
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  7. mr mom

mr mom G&G Regular

ive got 1 ... works great !!!! if you turn it on and look off to the side of the rifle you will see the light about 10 - 20 foot in front , but then you look threw the scope and everything is in a red glow... the kids use it for yotes out the back door....
  8. CIsham24

CIsham24 G&G Newbie

I have the primos spotlight that mounts on top of ur scope from cabelas and it works great :) I use it on a marlin lever action 30-30 and a winchester .222 and it works awesome on both im very pleased with it.. Ithink its worth the money and i havent had to rewire it or do any mods to it like the other guys did with the lightforce model. Hope this helps
    Cade
  9. doghunter47

doghunter47 G&G Newbie

scope lights

the nightblaster 350 is alright but lightforce 170 is in a totally better league the nightblastermax will fall apart sometimes win you shoot and will sometimes melt the inner protector lense lightforce lights are about 190.00 but way more better than nightblaster you can find them on google
  10. wirehunt

wirehunt G&G Newbie

Step into my office :D

Red filters are well, good to protect the lens when it's not in use, but for hunting with na, cut your light down by heaps and make it very hard to see the eyes, which is where spotlighting really comes into it's own.
    I've got several Lightforce lights, they work! The 170 is about the ideal size for the throw you get. The 240 is very big and I think just not that much better than the 170 when you compare them side by side.
    I prefer rifle mounted, but have a helmet mounted for wondering around with then switch over to the rifle mount when I'm onto something. This is for when shooting from a vehicle.

There is also some very good scope mounted LED's about now, these seem to be improving all the time. However they are better as a walk around light as you don't have to hump the battery pack around as well which always seems to be getting tangled up.

These guy's are pretty onto it when it comes to the LED light's.
  11. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

I bought one from Midway,and did not realize how big and cumbersome it was until I got it.It worked alright,but was just not practical for my gun.So I returned it.
  12. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

Will they ship to the USA?
    This light is just what I'm looking for:

WOLF EYES Tactical Torches, Ph 1300 911 007
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  13. wirehunt

wirehunt G&G Newbie

I can't see any reason they won't.