Protect Tennessean’s Right To Keep And Bear Arms

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by neophyte, Feb 3, 2013.

1. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Not tendered as political. Read about how different states are legislating!

Proposed Bill Will Protect Tennessean’s Right To Keep And Bear Arms

Proposed Bill Will Protect Tennessean’s Right To Keep And Bear Arms – Tenth Amendment Center

“The general assembly declares that any federal action prohibited by this chapter relating to firearms, firearms accessories or ammunition, whether made in Tennessee or not, is not authorized by the United States constitution and violates the restrictions contained therein and is hereby declared to be invalid in this state; that said federal action shall not be recognized by this state; and that said federal action is rejected by this state and shall be null and void and of no effect in this state.”
  2. Never_Evil

Never_Evil G&G Enthusiast

Tennessee is on our list of places to go to. I am not saying I don't love wisconsin, but there has not been any such legislation or action in that direction, despite the emails and letters.

Even though we have Scott Walker, it seems he is very shy about doing anything big or bold after the recall.
  3. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I hope this bill passes. You folks have a better grasp of the realities than the Lesser Satan and the New York State Assembly do!
  4. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Landlubber Pirate Forum Contributor

I knew I moved here for a reason. Now to contact my local State Senator David Alexander and see if he is on board. Will be doin that in the morrow.
    My neighbors house is still up for sale if anyone is interested. It is goin for 44,900.00 has the same layout as my house but a bit smaller. The living room in his place is bigger, and it is a 2 bed, 1 bath, small kitchen and dinning room.

Mine has 3 bedrooms (smaller), 1 bath, big kitchen and dinning room.

We live in a small quiet town. About 3 miles or so from Winchester which is the county seat. That's where the walmrt is. Along with all the eateries, and grocery stores. And I have to mention the CO-Op, and the Tractor Supply.

:swordfight:
  5. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

Now if the REST of the Southern and Midwest states would do the same thing, we can cut the liberals OFF from each other........state-wise that is.
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I have no vested interest in Tennessee, but I lived there for 22+ years. Too many Black Liberals calling the game there. That's part of the reason I'm back in Oklahoma. At least here the dead don't vote.........
  7. TNPIRATE

Well as I said, I was going to write my state Rep David Alexander. I mailed him a short 2 page letter. Wide lined cause I write sort of big. Along with an email concerning the 2 aforementioned bills in this thread. I am glad I live in a state that stands for what they believe in.

I have met David Alexander on several occasions. Every time I need to rent a piece of equipment. Mainly a drain snake to clean out the roots that have grown through my sewer line. He owns a local equipment rental in town. He is very personable, easy to talk to, and always ready to listen to the concerns of the people.

Here is his reply to my letter and email. I saw it first thing this morning at 05:30 this morning when I checked my inbox.

Thank you for your email and your letter which came to my house and I just finished reading. HB248 is a good bill from my friend Rep. Sheila Butt. She and I and many others in the Tennessee State Legislature are very concerned about protecting our 2nd Amendment rights and about stopping what we consider the over-reach of the Federal Government into State business.

I am pleased to vote for this bill.

Sincerely,

David Alexander

8. tnmedic

tnmedic G&G Regular

too many of those in memphis, in middle and east it is completely different than that craphole on the west end of the state
  9. TNPIRATE

That's why I love livin down here. I'm away from the cities. I hated goin through Mempiss when I was drivin a truck. And to me Chattanooga is a much prettier city than Nashville.

Glad to have a state rep who listens to the people.

10. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Good for you! I've seen lots of action going on to prevent this stupid ban from doing any evil to the 2nd Amendment. I'm happy to see so many states standing up for the rights of their state residents! Ol' Barfy and his gang are going to get an eye opener when they get around to looking for success with their unconstitutional anti-gun law! They've lost BEFORE they even have it passed!
  11. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I still can't figure out what keeps Cyrano up there instead of in the South. Maybe he just likes to upset the balance of the nanny state. Here's an idea. Maybe we should all move up there and screw up their numbers.
  12. TNPIRATE

That wouldn't work. We would move there and get it all fixed the way it should be, then we would move back home where we belong and we would have to rebuild. They would screw the south uplol Besides I don't want any of as my neighborlol

13. PaleHawkDown

You got a point, it took us nearly 150 years to straighten the mess up the last time we let them come down here.
    Inconsiderate guests.
  14. TNPIRATE

Well I posted on this site earlier that my neighbor has one of his houses up for sale. 44,900.00. It has a big lot, and I'm only 2 houses away. I guess Cyrano don't want me as a neighborlol
    Can go shootin/huntin in the field that is at my back door. The lake is just up the road. And if ya wanna take float trip it is only 16 miles to the river. Lots of trout in the river. And you can use kernel corn as bait.
    And the gun laws are great. State reps that do in fact listen to the people. And you can watch the trains go by all day long. And not to mention that Hounddawg only lives 35 to 40 minutes up the roadlol Well maybe Hounddawg might be a downsidelol Hounddawg you know I'm just :kidding: wit yalol Ok, ok, now I will make it up to you Hounddawg. There is a shooting range over where Hounddawg lives. About 45 minutes or so away.

And the cops hardly come up here anymore since my crazy neighbor got kicked out of her place to live, she lost her mobile home and it was moved out 2 months ago. There is only 10 houses with 10 people livin up here. Very quiet and peaceful place to live. The street ends where CSX property begins. Basically a dead end street.

15. PaleHawkDown

I live practically in town (within the city limits) where I am now, and I can fish in my neighborhood, hunt five minutes up the road and we have a great LGS and three really world-class pizza places(one's sorta gone down hill with their pizza, but they've extended their already extensive beer menu), two great BBQ joints (out of 8 to choose from) two good texmex places, a great hotwing place, a bowling alley, three good bars.
    It's a really small town with more restaurants and hobby shops than a lot of big cities. We were voted best place in America to retire four years in a row.
    If you really enjoy getting your windows rattled CSX is strong here as well. I haven't hit the point of my life yet where I can enjoy the train since I still occassionally have to cuss at it for blocking me on my way to work sometimes.
  16. TNPIRATE

Sounds like you live where I do with CSX that is. The train runs right thought the center of town, and blocks the main drag which is the US41A. I live on the side of town where I can get to the county seat of Winchester without havin to wait for the train.

17. PaleHawkDown

Luckily our CSX runs parallell to all of out main roads. The exception is the on-ramp to the highway which gets blocked almost once a week
  18. TNPIRATE

I live at the foothills of the Cumberland Mountains and they use pushers to help the trains over the mountain. Sometimes the trains are so long that they have to block the main drag while the pushers get in place. Trains runnin through here everyday.

19. PaleHawkDown

woof, I'd hate to deal with that...especially with the winters you guys get in that area. I went on a school trip to the Cumberlan Museum when I was a kid and it was 20 degrees cooler there than it was even in North Alabama.
  20. TNPIRATE

Winters not to bad here. I mowed part of my back yard just the other day. Only saw one decent snow this winter, and it was startin to melt by 11:00. We get a lot of cold but so far not much snow.