Red Jacket Rumor?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Browning, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Browning

Browning G&G Newbie

I heard rumor today that Red Jacket firearms is in trouble. May be closed. May be selling out. Or Will is no longer running it. Word has it they weren't keeping good record of guns in and out of the shop and the FFL was revoked.

Just wondering if their is anything to this? And if so what is the story?
  2. High Noon

High Noon G&G Newbie

I think this happened back in 2009.
  3. TGF

TGF G&G Newbie

old story, the gun smith now owns it
  4. captsquirrel

captsquirrel G&G Newbie

Google "red jacket ffl trouble". There is quite a bit of info on it.
  5. Browning

Browning G&G Newbie

OK. figured it was something crazy. Thanks for the info guys
  6. sandblaster87

sandblaster87 G&G Newbie

7. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

The owner needs some manners slapped into his head, for starters. And he needs to learn to talk to the public, if he wants to stay in business. I never talk down to people, because it's just plain rude. That seems to be the only way he can communicate, is to do his best to make the customers and the hired help feel inferior. I just don't care for the attitude.
  8. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Actually, according to an FFL search I did, a couple weeks ago I think it was, Joe, the guy with the designer beard/mustache and that makes special ammo and runs the CNC machine, now has his name on the FFL.

Vince is no longer on the show or working at Red Jacket.

However, I would be curious to know which firearms went missing and to whom and that was the cause of BATFE almost shutting them down and now prohibiting Will or Stephanie from having the or any other FFL in their name again.
  9. Earl Easter

Earl Easter G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I watched the show a few times and really never liked Will for the reasons mentioned from Robert....

The only thing I did enjoy was his passion for the older service vets that he seemed to always respect....But that was all..

I read about him and steph loosing their lic. and wonder also what the heck happened as I read a while back on internet sites...
    Thing is most of those fellas that have the money to strap a triple together where I think crazy. Even iffin I had the money who needs those and where in the heck would I shoot something like that without drawing attention to the authorities....
  10. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

FWIW, watching the season finale just about 5 minutes ago which aired the night before, Wednesday night, and with the potential contract Will and Red Jacket may get, the Retired General Will met with after the test firing, and Will's admission and comment about enjoying going to DC, I think, it's my opinion anyhow, that if Red Jacket gets this contract, this General, possibly and probably at Will's request, may just pull some strings and get Red Jackets FFL back into Will's name.

The shows season finale also ended with Vince taking all his tools and leaving without word one to anyone. And from the info posted, we all know Vince has his own business with a friend.

Not that it matters and for 411 purposes only, well, more gossip then 411, lmao, anyone watching lately knows Will's daughter Stephanie and Kris have been dating. Well, also at the end, they showed Will, with Stephanie and Kris following them in another vehicle, Will pulled into a wedding chapel. lmao I'm just not sure if he's serious or if he's trying to just see how serious the both of them or either of then are?

FWIW, and I'm not sure i said it in a comment in another thread somewhere on G&G, although I'm pretty sure I did, I had a feeling Vince would leave. I could see things were building up and I could tell.

And I'm sorry, anyone that did watch the season finale knows Vince built the rifle and had it working and the shipper destroying it WASN'T VINCE'S FAULT! Vince stayed late to get it fix, get done and do what Kris couldn't and didn't. And it's not Vince's fault that Kris knocked the buffer onto the floor before Vince got to it.

Anyhow, we shall see and time will tell if Red Jacket survives. But if he gets this contract, WE ALL KNOW STRINGS WILL BE AND GET PULLED and he'll get the FFL back in his name. You can bet I'll try and remember to check at the beginning of next season, especially if they get/got that contract!
  11. whirlwind

whirlwind G&G Enthusiast

just from watching the show,it seems like vince is a jealous prima donna that figured if he couldnt be the main center of attention he just gathered his toys and went home in a huff. he should be ashamed...but i doubt he has enough character to be ashamed...but thats just my impression... whiney lil b&tch
  12. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I agree.
    And watched tonight show.

Here is a link to the old thread.
    http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/powder-keg/132400-sons-guns-busted-feds.html
  13. DWFan

DWFan G&G Enthusiast

I especially liked Will holding Vince responsible for the damage done by the shipper. If I was the guy that sent the rifle out, I'd really be upset at Will's implying that I was inept and it was somehow my fault as well. It's obvious that Kris was in over his head with the build and couldn't get it done but Will gave his daughter's boyfriend every break and all the praise and flat laid the responsibility of getting the weapon to work in Vince's lap. The "all for one and one for all, we are a team" rah-rah and nepotism are mutually exclusive.

The bit with the retired general was comical. Here's a brilliant idea for the man. If you are so special that your face can't be seen on camera... THEN DON'T GO ON CAMERA. That mall ninja black-ops "talking in secret behind tinted windows and asking for the microphone be turned off" is straight out of Hollywood.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  14. nathangdad

nathangdad G&G Newbie

News story

the business either "lost" or could not account for ten machineguns.

Poor management at a firm with a lot of creative ability. This type thing happens in many firms. The needed a real hands on manager.
  15. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

The business needs NEW OWNERS!
  16. shop tom

shop tom G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I don't think I'm the only one that noticed those Bozos flunked Pipe Wrench 101......

tom
  17. Browning

Browning G&G Newbie

Well here is my two cents on Red Jacket. Will is an arrogant @$$! He knows his stuff on how to build guns but instead of building guns all Red Jacket doe's is switch and fit parts. Kris, he is just dipping his pen in the company ink and looking for an easy ride into the millionaire's club. Vince, I think he was a decent guy, the show just made him look like a prick at the end cause he was leaving. Now because of the show he will forever have a hard time finding jobs. Joe, Flem, and the other ammo research guy (can't think of his name) are all working for the wrong person. They should all have a shop of their own.

My huff with the season finally was they take an "untested" AR freshly built and shoot a gas cap on a Wenabego at 300 meters?! Ok!
  18. shop tom

shop tom G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

19. rl69

rl69 G&G Enthusiast

yea i saw that i just shook my head
  20. Browning

Browning G&G Newbie

I like their "about" page. I think Vince may have embellished abut on how many prototype applications he built. And that last sentence "* All federal laws and BATFE regulations apply at all times." is a sure stroke of genius at a shooting down of Red Jacket.