Redhead Pursuit Scopes

Discussion in 'Optics' started by mauser9, Apr 4, 2012.

1. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Enthusiast

Just wondering how many out there have had good luck with the Redhead pursuit scopes sold at Bass Pro Shops. Purchased a 2x7 about a year ago and mounted it on my Marlin 22 Magnum. Seems to hold zero so far and the price is right but would hesitant to try on a hard kicking rifle. Someone told me they are made by Simmons or Tasco. Any input from other members would be appreciated that have had experience with them.
  2. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Enthusiast

ive had a few 1 has been outstanding.
    the other few not so good.
  3. DWFan

DWFan G&G Enthusiast

This thread has been here over 24 hours and nobody has asked about using these scopes on blondes and brunettes...and one redhead in particular.
    I am amazed. LOL.
  4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member Founder

Redhead products are usually pretty good. However I wouldn't be paying too big of a premium compared to other scopes.

From what I've seen of my buddies scope its simple and holds up well. I'll see if I can get him to chime in a bit more with his thoughts since he has used it more than me.

Let us know if you decide to get a Redhead Pursuit Scope from Bass Pro Shops
  5. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Enthusiast

Red Pursuit scope

Did pick up a 2x7 Redhead Pursuit scope from Bass Pro. Wanted something of half way decent quality for my Marlin 22 Mag. for use on small game and varmints. Seems to hold zero after about 100 rounds so far. Paid about $75 for it hoping quality would be good. Glass quite clear. Probably made by Tasco or Simmons but so far so good. Realize better scopes on the market but for a 22 mag. it should fill the bill.