revolver identification

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brdgman, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Brdgman

Brdgman G&G Newbie

I have been trying to identify a pistol that was given to me by an old friend. I am not having much luck. Does anyone have any ideas where I can go to get an identification or can someone here help me:confused:
  2. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

What can you tell us about the revolver? Does it have any markings? Need more to go on
  3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yes, there are many people who would help you here, if you could just describe it. For example, caliber, SA/DA, finish, barrel length, model number, cylinder type, capacity, etc. You can also post photos here.
  4. Brdgman

Brdgman G&G Newbie

Thanks to those who replied. This is what I have: 5 1/2" octagon barrel with a 1 5/16" cylinder. Stamped on the receiver is W.D.W enclosed in an oval. Also stamped on the barrell is IB. There are numerous stamps which appear to be the letter B with a crown above it. Stamped on the trigger is the number 11363. The caliber is what my father and I have been trying to determine as we intend to make our own ammo. We found .375 Winchester rifle cartridge will fit nicely once trimmed down. Also stamped on the barrell is the number 11969. It is a double action revolver with a smooth rounded grip that rounds off at the end with a round metal ring screwed into the end. I hope this can help if not let me know and I will get a picture and post it. Thanks a lot for all your help as this has really been a dilemma for my father(thought he knew all there was too know.) Thanks again
  5. bigcurt

bigcurt G&G Newbie

might be an old british webley,i think if memory serves me right they were made in 38+455,i think it was 455?it's just a guess though
  6. todd7678

todd7678 G&G Newbie

I have a revolver like yours.

My Grandfather recently died. He was a WWII Vet. He fought in the Battle Of The Buldge. He aquired what sounds like the same pistol you have from a German Officer. Mine to has the WDW in an oval as well as an S with a crown above it. It has an Ocataganal barrel and no safety feature what so ever.

I've looked on line and found only one link about the WDW guns. I found this site looking for that link again. I recall that the link stated that WDW revolvers were made during the 1870's for the German army. These revolvers were only issued to German officers and were the officers choice of revolver during world war I.

Officers durning world war II also caried them as side arms. I hope this helps as I am looking for more information on my revolver also.
  7. SilverRun

SilverRun G&G Newbie

Please be careful making your own ammo - or your friends will be calling you lefty!
  8. rckymtnboy

rckymtnboy G&G Newbie

Todd, your grandfather was lucky to make it out of the Battle of the Bulge. My Grandfather was there as well, and said it was the closest thing to hell on earth he had ever experienced. He also picked up a pistol from a German officer, all he had to say about it was that "The officer that owned it didn't need it anymore where he was going." :) It was a Luger 9mm.
  9. todd7678

todd7678 G&G Newbie

I don't plan on shooting the gun because I plan on keeping both of my hands.

My Grandfather also said the exact same about the battle. It was the closest to hell on Earth for him also. He said the landscape was filled with craters and dead bodies. I can't even imagine it.
  10. Rem 742 30-06

Rem 742 30-06 G&G Newbie

My grandfather came out of WWII, though he wasn't in the battle of the Bulge, with a semi auto 7.65 nice gun. Has third reich stamp on the reciever my dad has it now. Not sure of model or anything, has a trigger like the 1911
  11. thejrockman

thejrockman G&G Newbie

I need help finding the value of a revolver given to me by a friend who passed away.

It is a six shot .22 short revolver. the steel is blue with a white what seems to be plastic handle. On the barrel it says:
    ROHM GMBH SONTHEIM/BRENZ
    CAL .22 SHORT

It also has GERMANY printed on the barrel as well as the serial number 20680. On the handle it has RG10's in a black circle with two gold rings on one side, and ROHM in a black circle with two gold rings on the other side.

The wheel does not come out of the gun like I've seen bear cat's do. It has an ejector connected to the barrel to despense with the used shells which is also how it is loaded. If anyone can give me any help with the value of this gun please let me know.
  12. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

The RG-10 Rohm pistols are considered to be "Saturday Night Specials" and are worth 25 to 50 bucks....Most are Junk !
    Rich
  13. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Mooseman is right. Sealed in clear lucite, makes a nice paperweight keepsake.
  14. 502adamh

502adamh G&G Newbie

I have an RG-38 and as the gentlemen have previously stated mine makes a nice decoration.
  15. Mike Franklin

Mike Franklin G&G Newbie

They are actually a damned fine weapon. You just have to know how to use one.
    Take a 4 foot piece of 1/4 inch grass rope. Tie a large knot onto one end. Now tie the other end to the trigger guard. To use the weapon, while holding the large knot, rapidly swing the gun on the rope in a circular motion. Now step quickly toward your intended taget. Swing the gun into the targets head area. With the element of surprise and a little luck you may deal your opponent a severe wound. If this fails, run like a spotted ape while screaming like a 14 year old girl.
  16. tom hillelkton

tom hillelkton G&G Newbie

Need info for ROHM GMBH SOUTHHEIMZBRZ 22lr. Pistol so I can put it back together for a friend.
  17. Rowdy816

Rowdy816 G&G Newbie

Can anyone please help me identify this revolver. Originally my great uncle owned it and brought it back from WWII. My dad now has it.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  18. blat

blat G&G Newbie

It's an old S&W Hand Ejector of some sort.
  19. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Given it's provenence as a vet bringback, it's more likely some variant of the French, Belgian or Spanish clones of the SW design. :147:
  20. blat

blat G&G Newbie

You may be right. I put on my glasses for a better look. The symbol on the grip is not S&W, nor does the hammer look like a S&W hammer from that time frame; it would be a "humpback" type hammer on a S&W.