romanian tokarev

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by remchuck, Nov 24, 2007.

1. remchuck

remchuck G&G Newbie

does anybody know anything about the romanian tokarev's that are being imported.i was thinking about buying one for the sake of having it.are they accurate ,reliable,etc...thanks
  2. suntrucker

suntrucker G&G Newbie

I had a Tokarev years ago and loved it , it shot straight and packed a great punch I never should have sold it but thats how it goes , anyway I am about to buy one of these
  3. Mastiff

Mastiff G&G Newbie

It's a great gun. Accurate, reliable and tough. It is very thin,only about 3/4 of an inch, it doesn't print in my coat pocket.
    It isn't a good natural pointer, instinctive shooting it hits low. With practice you can hit what you aim at every time. With the 7.62x25 round, you can reach out and touch someone 100 yards away.
    I've had one for about 15 years, just ordered another from AIM, it should be at the FFL's tomorrow.
  4. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

I've got to check these pistols out because I'm looking for one with a lessor print.
    I'm planning on buying a Ruger LCR 380 but I like being different too. And this may be what I'm looking for.
    I bought 2 CZ 82's from AIM and there an excellent source to deal with.
    I'll go take a look at them...A.H

EDIT: Well AIM didn't have this pistol listed at there site Hummm
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  5. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

6. ArkansasHunter

Thank you G-M and I took a look and I thought it was ugly !!! It's not the gun I thought ti was LOL !!!
    I'm gonna go hide before I get egged !!! LOL
  7. GlockMeister

Yea, I thought they were kind of ugly to. But if some one gave me one I would keep it and shoot it. lol Not sure if I'd go out and buy one though. That's the thing with those Eastern Bloc countries. They don't make them to look good, just to go bang and keep on going bang. And the thing is, they do...
  8. ArkansasHunter

Is that the pistol Boris and Matisha used in the Rocky and Bulwinkel cartoons ?
  9. blaster

blaster G&G Enthusiast

Last Jan. I bought one from Inter Ordanance ($194.) it looks brand new. who ever it was issued to must have had a desk job and kept it in a drawer. it shoots great and even likes my hollow point reloads. much smaller than the CZ 52. its a copy of John Browning's design. (1911) they aren't the prettiest but a worthy addition to any mil-surp collection
  10. Mastiff

Mastiff G&G Newbie

Finally got to pick up my Romanian Tok from AIM today. I must have gotten one of the last ones. The pistol looks brand new! Nice shiny bore, sharp rifling, no holster wear, perfect finish! Trigger pull is light with a little creep then a clean break. I am very happy:) that I ordered it when I did, a few days later and I might not have gotten it.
  11. ArkansasHunter

Mastif good to hear you bought it from AIM they must buy the cream of the crop.
    A.H
  12. GlockMeister

How much if I might ask? And where's the pictures? lol
  13. Mastiff

Mastiff G&G Newbie

$209. I'll try and get the pictures up later today.

I have every respect for AIM. Great customer service, good products.
  14. Mastiff

Mastiff G&G Newbie

No luck on the pictures yet,
    I took the gun apart last night. The mechanicals look brand new also. The barrel looks to be stainless steel, and I can't see any evidence of any rounds going through it.
    The spare barrel from my Norinco 213 that I reamed out for 9x23 Winchester fits as long as I use the Norinco barrel bushing. The Romanian Tok 7.62x25 barrel will not fit into the Norinco slide. FWIW.
    I am a very happy man.
  15. Tulamosin

Tulamosin G&G Newbie

This is probably a no-brainer; but be prepared for cosmolene...lots and lots of cosmolene.

Mine just came in yesterday and the thing was caked in the stuff. But it was nothing that a can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush couldn't handle.
  16. sc928porsche

sc928porsche G&G Newbie

Accurate, strong, very easy teardown. I have had 2 since the 60's. One in 7.62 and the other in 9mm. Neither one will win a beauty contest.
  17. AnaxImperator

AnaxImperator G&G Newbie

I bought a Polish TT not too long ago. I wanted to get one before they became completely impossible to find for reasonable prices. Expect to pay a lot of coin for a Russian/Norinco(Chinese) example, or one without the commercial-added safety lever. Just three months ago almost every online dealer had TTs, now they have almost disappeared.

I found a Bianchi Accu-Mold holster that fits the pistol perfectly, and it is a highly concealable piece carried Mexican. While the 7.62x25mm round is very hot and liable to over-penetrate, with HPs or MagSafe cartridges the TT-33 is a viable carry pistol. Not the best there is (especially with only an 8-rd cap), but it certainly is worth the trouble if you can't afford a new Glock/Sig/S&W/etc.
  18. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

19. Tulamosin

Tulamosin G&G Newbie

If anyone's interested, AIM has tokarev magazines for $7.95 each. I ordered two and they just came in. Both looked brand new once you got past the pound of cosmoline.
  20. hotroddin1971

hotroddin1971 G&G Newbie

Tokarev

I own a Polish from AIM and Romanian from S.O.G.. The Polish is much more nicely finished than the Romanian but they are both excellent shooters. The 7.62x25 milsurp. is cheap, plentiful, accurate, and powerful! I also own two CZ52s in 7.62x25 once broken in none of these four have jammed or been far off target even with 6500+ rounds of milsurp ammos of all kinds. The Tokarevs are much more comfortable to shoot than the CZs but both seem equally accurate and reliable. I wouldn't think of selling any of them, they are too much fun to shoot! Just make sure you clean them promply and well when shooting any milsurp. ammo which is almost always corrosive. All of my bores still look like new and I've owned one of the CZs for 2+ years and run over 4000 rounds of milsurp through it.