Ruger p95 accessories

Discussion in 'Ruger' started by kgeter, Aug 6, 2006.

1. kgeter

kgeter G&G Newbie

hi all,
    im new to the forum and recently bought my first handgun, its a blued ruger p95, and i was wonderin where i could find a better sight and possibly a better grip. any other advice on this gun would be great. thanks

Kevin Geter
  2. Jay1958

Jay1958 G&G Newbie

P95 Ruger 9mm

Do you have the white triple dot sights? I have a Ruger P95DC and I really like the sights on mine. Also, with a polymer frame on the P95, the only option for grips is an overgrip or sleeve. I bought my P95 new six years ago and I have put about 1000 rounds thru it and haven't changed a thing.

That said, here are some links for you:

the official Ruger accessories
    http://ruger.com/Firearms/FA-Accessories-PI.html

night sights
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/trijicon-night-sight-sets-for-ruger.html

Hogue grip sleeves:
    http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?id=114&step=2

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Jay1958
  3. kgeter

kgeter G&G Newbie

hey, thanks

i looked at the grip web sight and didnt see any that fit p95's is there another model that would fit our gun as well. and also does the p95 get terribly jammed up using reletivly cheap ammo? just curious thanks for your help.

Kevin geter
  4. Jay1958

Jay1958 G&G Newbie

P95 info

The Hogue sleeves will fit the P95 - the "Handall Fullsize Grip Sleeve" - I haven't seen any other grips/sleeves for the P95, but I did see a post somewhere from someone who had bought an aftermarket 'overgrip' that fit over the entire grip, so they must be out there somewhere. With a polymer gun you are really limited when it comes to grips - they aren't interchangeable, obviously.

I have around 1000 rounds thru my P95DC and it has only jammed one time in six years. That was on the 2nd mag I put thru it, so I just figured it wasn't 'broken in' yet.

I have mostly put commercial premium ammo thru it. When I can buy Winchester FMJ target rounds for about 12 cents/round, why bother with anything cheaper? The least quality rounds that I have put thru it were some re-loads that I bought at a range (it really ticked me off because they weren't obviously labelled as 're-loads' and I didn't know they were re-loads until after I went thru a box!) and a couple of boxes of the CCI rounds with the aluminum cases... both feed and fired just fine, but I don't normally shoot re-loads and I didn't care for the CCI cases. Just personal preference.

Hope you find what you are looking for. I think you will be very pleased with the P95 if you get it to feel right in your hand. Luckily for me, the P95DC felt great to me right out of the case.

Jay1958

5. jeepsw

jeepsw G&G Newbie

Ruger P95 grip

I purchased the Ruger sleeve grip and it makes quite a bit of difference IMHO. I didn't think their price was too out of line, and the service was quite good. I also purchased some MecGar stainless steel magazines that work quite nicely. The new magazines also hold 17 rounds which is a plus for me. Although, the weight difference is quite noticible, as compared to the Ruger factory 10 round mags. I would like better low light sights.
  6. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Hi-Viz makes P-Series sights.
  7. Beer Forever

Beer Forever G&G Newbie

You'll want a Hogue grip and maybe a fiberoptic front sight. All can be found at Midwayusa.com
  8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I've had my stainless slide P95DC for quite some time....always goes bang no matter what I feed it...
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  9. Jay1958

Jay1958 G&G Newbie

I've had mine (blue slide, though, not stainless) for over six years and have about 1400 rounds thru it without any problems whatsoever!

I love my P95DC! Someone wanted to trade me for it, and the rifle was worth more than my Ruger, but I couldn't bring myself to part with it.

Jay1958
  10. denfoote

denfoote G&G Newbie

I have a KP95DC which was purchased new in 1998.
    The only accessory I have ever installed was a Hogue Handall, which was purchased with the gun and installed soon after I got it home. It has been on ever since.
  11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

I got a KP89D because I didn't like all the polymer. I replaced the grips on my gun with a Crimson Trace Laser Grip. Haven't used the sights on the gun since. (Though I know they were right on out of the box and will function fine if the laser quits)
  12. bunky39

bunky39 G&G Newbie

dear sir:
    i am new to forum. i have a 9mm ruger carbine.
    its a good weapon but heavy and long would like a pistol grip or folding stock. i have contacted 6 manufacters of grips and stocks and drew a zero.
    is this a possibility or should i try to sell the gun and get something else.
    thanks
    stephen s
    san diego ca
  13. riviere1

riviere1 G&G Newbie

P95 Failure to feed

Hey all, New to the forum, I need some help? Bought a new Ruger P95 9mm. having problems with feeding shell into chamber. Have gun on safety, put magazine in gun and pull the slide back. It fails to feed the shell 70 percent of the time. Gun is clean, I also fired a couple of rounds didn't jam, but when I manually rack it, it sometimes jams keeping the slide open. Is it a bad mag or it needs to be broken in? Just frustrated at this time!! Do I have lemon and should call Ruger?​
  14. LCP HEAT

LCP HEAT G&G Newbie

The Ruger P95DC 9mm

I bought my Ruger P95DC 9mm in 1999 and have never had a single jam with anything I have fed it. It is the best handgun I have ever owned. Mine has the stainless slide and I have put a Pachymr #3 Slip-on Grip. I just added the grip a few weeks ago and have to say it feels like a new gun. It made a great gun even better, IMO. Wonder why I didnt get one sooner. I wish I had bought two of them back then. Anybody know of one for sell close by here in Vinton Va? I would buy another one of these any day.
  15. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

Wow, lots of new guys on this thread. Welcome to all of you. Hang around a little and you'll find this is a very friendly community with a whole lot of knowledge they are willing to share. I recommend that you visit the general handgun forum, too.

Riviere1 - are you pulling the slide fully back? How does it act if you pull the slide back so it locks and then you put the mag in and push the slide release? If it works that way, I would guess you're letting go of the slide just a fraction too early.
  16. karsonluv

karsonluv G&G Newbie

P95 Threaded Barrel?

Anyone know where to find a threaded barrel for our beloved gun?
  17. 509_AK

509_AK G&G Newbie

I use to have a P89, kinda miss it. I only put around 400 rounds through it. Fist gun i ever owned, and it didn't have a saftey, just the decocker.
  18. 9mmruger

9mmruger G&G Newbie

jams

i'm new also! i bought a brand new p95 and went to shoot it just now. it jammed every shot out of the mag. took it back where i got it and the dealer shot a whole box and never jammed once for him. any tips what i might have done wrong? he couldn't see any trouble. thanx :feedback:
  19. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Enthusiast

When chambering a round out of the magazine don't baby it, let the slide slam the round into the chamber. If you slowly let the slide close while holding it, it could cause the round to misfeed.
  20. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

Is this your first centerfire autoloader? Sometimes revolver guys have this problem when they try an autoloader for the first time, especially if you've been shooting an S.A. revolver and letting it rotate in your hand.

If you aren't holding the gun firmly, some of the slide energy gets dissipated into moving the whole gun, causing the slide to not move enough with respect to the frame to properly chamber the round. Hold on tight, work at not moving with the recoil, and it should work fine, especially if it worked for the dealer.

Oh Yeah, welcome to the site! There is a lot of good advice available here, so feel free to ask. Sometimes the discussions get a little involved or maybe a little goofy, but we have fun and pretty much get along very well. Glad to have another member!

Last edited: May 6, 2009