Savage Axis 308

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by kcin520k, Jun 9, 2012.

1. kcin520k

kcin520k G&G Newbie

I bought a Savage Axis 308 1 1/2 years ago for hunting. It is the cheapest Savage makes. Well I have had nothing but good things to say about it. I am 2 for 2 with this gun. I shot a deer at 85 yards with buck fever and it dropped where I shot it. I also shot a javelina at 230 yards first shot no problem. If anybody is having second thoughts about this rifle, don't. I have contimplated buying a higher end model but refuse until I have something to complain about the rifle. I would like the accutrigger but I have done the job without it. It is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I would like your thoughts.
  2. rockman7

rockman7 G&G Enthusiast

shuuuuuuuu.....don't let the guys know. if they find out your gun will no longer shoot straight and you'll have to limit all your shots to 50 yds.

fyi ....if interested they make a replacement trigger for your axis now and its worth it
  3. Lightweight

Lightweight G&G Enthusiast

I have a want to get one in .223, especially the threaded barrel SR series (I dunno, just to put an A2 flash hider on it or something). Good to hear people are putting them to good use!
  4. gamehunter

gamehunter G&G Enthusiast

Good to hear you wouldn't catch me owning one unless they got off their asses and put in an adjustable trigger to get the stupid amount of heaviness out of them which is why I like my marlin XS7 did not need to adjust trigger nice and light straight out of the box.