Here is the info on the rifle I am looking to buy within a week:
Manufacture: Sears
Model: 25
Caliber: .22 lr (also takes .22L and .22 short) w/ iron sights
Action: semi auto
Magazine: Tube
Stock: Wood
Price: $85

I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge on these rifles, how many rounds this rifle will hold being a tube, issues with these rifles (if any). I have also been told that this rifle is a Savage, cause they use to make these for Sears and Roebuck. Any infomation would be great. Thanks- P

#3 ·
Re 22

Hey pal Is there a chance that this rifle was made by High Standard. Looked in my Blue Book and under store brands it lists a Sears model 25 made by High Standard for Sears and the nos. A1041 semi auto. Check your serial number. Hope this helps and I am not incorrect.

#4 ·
The chamber and barrel are in good condition, the stock is in good condition, except the finish is coming off. easy enough fix though. I would just remove the barrel and trigger assembly, sand down the stock to bare wood and re-finish it. Wouldnt cost me a thing since I have some Brazilian Cherry stain that would look awesome on it. I will probably end up buying it, and since there is a 24 hour guarentee on the guns at the local gun shop, I would go shoot about 100 rounds through it to ensure it cycles properly.

#5 ·
Hey pal Is there a chance that this rifle was made by High Standard. Looked in my Blue Book and under store brands it lists a Sears model 25 made by High Standard for Sears and the nos. A1041 semi auto. Check your serial number. Hope this helps and I am not incorrect.
After doing some research I see that High Standard use to make these for Sears. It has a emblem on the butt of the stock, shoulder rest end, that is in the shape of a shield with a two things on the shield, one of the emblems on the sheild looked like a rooster(?????)

#7 ·
Formby's makes an 'antique furniture stripper' that works well and is kinder to old wood. Available at WalMart. I like Formby's Tung Oil Finish too, over the stain. Though if I find that a stock is actual walnut, I just apply the oil finish directly to the wood, as I like the color of real walnut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.