Semi auto shotguns with detachable mags?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by aris_unlimited, Jan 12, 2010.

1. aris_unlimited

aris_unlimited G&G Regular

I am curious what kind of semi-auto shotguns are on the market that come with detachable (variable sized) mags. I know about the saiga 12, but have heard some complaints about reliability in the american versions. So I was wondering if there was anything else out there that could be more reliable and possibly american made. Or maybe the reviews on the saiga 12 were exaggerated and I will go with that. Just looking for some opinions and options. And this will definitely be considered a combat shotgun, so no worries about overly long barrels etc.
  2. aris_unlimited

aris_unlimited G&G Regular

Are there no other guns that fit this criteria guys? I was hoping for at least 1 response within 24 hours.
  3. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

the saiga is the only shotgun i know of other then the AA-12 but i dont think you want that, well you might but they are expensive
  4. MLN1963

MLN1963 G&G Newbie

I'm not sure what your criteria is but here is a AR15 .410 upper. It is fed from a detachable magazine.

ATI AR-15 A3 T-14 Upper Assembly 410 Bore 20" Barrel Chrome Moly Matte with Flash Hider Pre-Ban - MidwayUSA

The T-14 upper receiver assembly from American Tactical Imports (ATI) introduces the versatility of the shotgun to the AR-15 platform. The 410 Bore upper receiver fires the complete range of 2-1/2" 410 Bore shotshells from birdshot, to buckshot, to slugs; offering multiple possible uses from a single platform. The upper assembly comes complete with a 20" smooth bore barrel, polymer A2 front sight assembly, enlarged A2-style flash hider and 5-round polymer magazine. Drops onto any Mil-Spec AR-15 lower receiver without modifications, and is ready to go right out of the box. Manufactured by Safir Arms of Turkey.

NOTE: This upper assembly is the "Compact" T-14 variation, which is the same size dimensionally as the "Standard" T-14 upper, but lighter in weight by about 1 pound.
  5. nathangdad

nathangdad G&G Newbie

Actually,

the design of the shotgun shell does not really make it a match for
    a detachable magaziine. The base extends out beyond the width of the rest of the shell thus making it somewhat difficult to function in a detachable magazine weapon.

To put it more plainly, the design of the shell invites problems.
  6. Mojo

Mojo G&G Newbie

doesnt have mag's but.....benelli M4

I've heard adding a high cap mag to a imported gun can be illegal. like a saiga 12.
  7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

I don't know what you have heard or read about the SAIGA 12, but I have found it to be just as reliable as any AK47. I have tested it with 5 round, 10 round and 12 round magazines from Surefire. As with ANY semi-automatic firearm, the AMMO you use makes a difference.

It is an extremely viable SHTF defensive gun, as far as I am concerned.:rambo: