Show off your thanksgiving photos share your storys.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by kansascoyote, Nov 24, 2010.

1. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

The title says it all show us your loved ones . Funny pictures are encouraged . Tell us about old uncle hank or cousion nel. Tell us about your feast !
  2. CopperniX

CopperniX 34th Infantry Div.

Well don't have any pictures but I have a couple stories. Okay so the thanksgiving before last we were at my step aunts and we were all outside shooting while the food was being cooked and my cousin's boyfriend who thought he was all tough and what have you shot my uncles single shot .45-70 pistol (break action setup) well he held it like a regular pistol with just the pistol grip and not holding onto the foregrip. Well he fired and it came back and he got scope bite, Hasn't acted all that tough since.
  3. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Now thats funny ! I beleive thats called karma !
  4. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Enthusiast

A couple of years ago, I think it was Thanksgiving, anyway, a big meal at my in-laws house. They've got a long table, a bunch of leaves added, everybody sitting around, and my Father-in-law is giving thanks. He normally talks very quietly, not quite mumbling, but when he prays it can be very quiet. Anyhow, I can hardly hear him or what he's saying, but I was certain I heard him say "amen." So I give a nice hearty "Amen," only he's still praying! They had a good laugh at my expence!
  5. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Enthusiast

Years ago my greatuncle was sitting at the table laughing so hard that his top dentures went flying into a banana cream pie. I spit my soda all over the table laughing my azz off. I wish I did have a pic of that day, it would been a good one.

Here's a Thanksgiving cartoon I'll share...:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  6. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Enthusiast

The four brothers (I'm one of them) used to go rabbit hunting EVERY Thanksgiving Day, for many years. We always did well, but it was more about brotherhood than rabbits.

As one after the other got married, it just seemed to end, and now it seems there is more "room" between the 4 and a lot has changed.
  7. CopperniX

CopperniX 34th Infantry Div.

Well this year I'm looking forward to having home field advantage with the shooting bets... each thanksgiving regardless of where we get together (always out in the country) we have a little shooting contest all in good fun everyone throws in a couple bucks and winner takes all and it never usually gets about 15 bucks.... got the gongs all nice and repainted today so they will stick out and be ready for tomorrow.
  8. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Great stories guys keep them coming .
  9. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

Growing up, I had a Great Uncle and Aunt that lived on a farm in western Oklahoma. They were usually alone most of the year, and loved having company, so that's where the big feed was every year. All us menfolk would always go quail hunting in the morning, without fail, and usually again late in the afternoon. Good times.
  10. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

We too are a family of quail hunters . It perfect today its 17 degrees . We will go after lunch . I counted up as the family grows every year if everyone comes that says they are there will be 48 people in my home by 12:30 , I CAN'T WAIT !!
  11. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Enthusiast

Wow, KC that is a crew!
  12. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

With a couple extra boyfriends and girlfriends in the bunch we ended up with 54 here thank god for big homes . My neice Sara " Man uncle Kevin you better live as long as I do cuz if you dont I'm gonna miss this ." Made me tear up just a little . We had a blast . Ended up with 23 quail which we ate for supper lol . I cant wait till Christmas the lord has truely blessed me and my family and I will never take that for granted .
  13. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Enthusiast

While sitting around the table yesterday we all realized we were all (8) from CA living in OK now. It was hard on all of us not being able to be with our families. But we had each other and that helped alot.
  14. Earl Easter

Earl Easter G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

My wife and I fed the whole fam damily and enjoyed every minute of the time with all.
    We were so busy we have no pictures......LOLrotfl...

We all are blessed to serve our families and those that could not i'am sure they had their families in their heart...
  15. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I work thanksgiving, christmas eve, and new years, this year as I have for all the previous years lol.

I was going to eat my customary campbells chunky soup lol but this year being as several of my best friends also have the same predicament we all got together early before going in and had an early day REAL thanksgiving dinner. It was great. :) I was so stuffed lol. And then we watched national lampoon's christmas vacation afterwards so we could all let things digest a little before going to work.
  16. jerry

jerry G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I have one of those dysfunctional type of families. It pretty much Sucks.
  17. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I haven't had my "REAL" Thanksgiving yet. That will be Saturday the 27th. But here are two pictures of what is to come tonight and tomorrow night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

Booze? Wow. Sorry, but that's pathetic. Alcohol should be banished from the planet. JMHO, but it's caused huge pain in far too many lives.
  19. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I'm sorry you feel that way. However it has only affected those that have let it affect them. You have choices in life and you have to know how to deal with them. If you don't then suffer. Only you can change, you can't change anyone else.
  20. Oxford

Oxford G&G Enthusiast

My family had our traditional Thanksgiving day get together feast with a delicious meal yesterday at one of our daughters house in Liberty, MO.

Today our two daughters, and our three grandkids came to our home to help my wife put up the traditional Christmas decorations.

I was gonna put up outdoor lighting...but instead went to Roger's Sporting Goods Store and bought a few "Black Friday" Christmas gifts for some of my family.

Ox

Attached Files: