SKS Prices????WOW

Discussion in 'SKS' started by marion57, Oct 30, 2008.

1. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

Well yesterday went to pick up a single shot shotgun and while was out hit a couple of gun shops ..SKS Prices are thro the roof around here.. Shop owner tolld me that his sales on guns are also thro the roof!!
    Guess this election has everone scared and buying

He has a beat up russian and wanted 440 for it !
    A chicom average condition 280
    another chicom in great condition 320
    owner told me that when these are sold the price will go up again !!!!!!
    This guy is usually pretty resonable on price

Whats going on here??:feedback:
  2. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

They all know the odds are they'll be banned and they're all trying to get as much and make as much off them as possible. And the sad thing is, it is on most firearms that this mat happen to and mags of 10 or more rounds as well. Price gouging don't ya' know.

And I have heard the Yugo SKS market is becoming fewer? As to the truth to that, I haven't a clue...
  3. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

It says a great deal about the lack of trust the American people have in the Democratic Party and the empty suit they are running for the top slot, that the American people are buying firearms and ammunition in sufficient quantity and with demand far exceeding the supply of surplus battle rifles and combat-worthy pistols that the prices are being inflated and people are still willing to pay inflated prices just to get their hands on them.

"Put your trust in God, my boys, but keep your powder dry!" -- Ethan Allen
  4. Rave

Rave G&G Enthusiast

If I really wanted a chicom SKS I would go for that one in great condition while the getting is still fair,only gonna go up and selection go down.
  5. lowercase

lowercase G&G Newbie

People are snapping them up in anticipation of both a renewed AWB as well as a presidential administration that is hostile towards gun ownership.

Ammo is going up in price, too.

Personally, I'd grab that Chinese SKS for $320. I doubt that they are going to get any cheaper.
  6. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

i saw a romanian about a week ago that was marked at $419!
  7. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Teach you all for not getting one sooner!
  8. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Our prices have stayed the same, but they are all disappearing fast. I was at the Gun Shop yesterday, and 6 people in a row came in looking for an AR or AK !! SKS's go for around the high two's to high three's depending uopn condition.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  9. cremley

cremley G&G Newbie

Colorado, with all the pot smoking libtards -_-
    :sad2:

I was waiting to get one for my brothers 18th birthday but now I am gonna be wasting money I fear. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet, suck it up, and get one or two and order some ammo for them. :sad2:
    I hate elections!
  10. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

when i got mine $250 was considered to be pricey for an sks
  11. TexasD

TexasD G&G Regular

12. SightNSqueeze

SightNSqueeze G&G Newbie

It's obvious by the past voting records of Obama, Reid, Schumer, and Pelosi that if Obama gets into the Oval Office, there will be a replay of the 90’s "Bill Clinton/Janet Reno Gun Laws" against the American public. Well, that's the price for one issue conservatives not compromising and not closing ranks for the common good. How much do you want to bet that Obama doesn't have a list of “anti-everything” judges ready to fill the federal district courts, and even a couple seats in the U.S. Supreme Court. Remember, their terms are for the rest of their lives … and yours.
  13. Tulamosin

Tulamosin G&G Newbie

They're pretty much gone here; gun shows are about the only place you may find one. If you do, it will be worn out, over priced, modified, or all three combined.

I'm just glad I got my Norinco when I did; it looks brand new, has a bayonet, wasn't messed with, and only $229.
  14. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Bought my unfired Norinco a few years ago for $150...can't come close to that now.
  15. deserthobbies

deserthobbies G&G Newbie

way back say 12 years ago my dad and brother bought them in az in lots of 10 for $95.00 each.

last year I wanted to buy one and my bro gave me one still in the box.

wish I would have bought a 100 of them for that price.
  16. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Bought mine for $165 last year, and it was well used cosmetically. Ordered a few replacement parts and a few accessories and now she's a great shooter !!
  17. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Mine cost me $199 from Classic Arms a year ago, plus a $15 transfer fee when I picked it up from their FFL guy. Just went to their site and they are out of them today. But they are closing out .308 Saigas, and they are closing out .223 Golanis, and they just got in some M-1 Carbines. Worth taking a few minutes to look.
  18. Rave

Rave G&G Enthusiast

Before Bubba Klinton screwed it all up,Chinese "paratroopers" were selling new for $67.00 retail!!!!!:cussing:
  19. deserthobbies

deserthobbies G&G Newbie

mine is a Norinco with a triangle stamp with a 3 in it followed by 3 chineese markings ant then the ser. # 1900xxxx can one if you tell me the approx date of mfg. its in fairly new condition so i would guess its a newer model.
    also is it common for all the parts to have the last 5 digits of the ser# stamped in them . ie: stock, mag cover,trigger group, barrel.
  20. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    i paid $250 for two unissued yugo's 3 years ago.