Smith & Wesson 459 9mm

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Strongman, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Strongman

Strongman G&G Newbie

Someone I know has a 459 and wants to sell it. Does anyone know what the going rate is for one of these? It is in decent shape with only about 300 rounds fired through it, it comes with two twelve round mags and is blued. It needs reblued by the way.
  2. Cuzzin Mitch

Cuzzin Mitch G&G Newbie

Just my opinion cuzzin, but sounds like somewheres
    in the ballpark of 250.00 or so American.
    If it needs a reblue job, then it ain't any better
    than good-very condition.Rust spots? scratches?
    handling dings? Cracked or damaged grips? All things to ponder over. Sounds like it might be a good shooter/truck gun.
    Jest my .02 worth. What's anybody else think?
    Later, cuzzin Mitch.:cool:
    Here's a pic of a 3rd generation S&W M-5906 that I picked up 3 months ago at a gun show in my neck o tha woods.Not a scratch on her, excellent condition, 1 15rd. mag, no box er papers.I paid................300.00 cash American from a private individual and consider it an EXCELLENT DEAL!!!!.:D Later,Mitch

Attached Files:

3. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

You would do well to get $225 for a worn Model 459. They were not the best gun S&W ever made.
  4. Strongman

Strongman G&G Newbie

It has the blueing wore off the top of the slide with no pitting or metal damage. It has a few nicks and scratches, but nothing major on the frame.